What's new

The Twilight Zone: A 60th Anniversary Celebration [11/14/2019 only] (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Just saw this, by chance, on Fandango:

"The Twilight Zone: A 60th Anniversary Celebration will combine digitally restored versions of six quintessential episodes with an all-new documentary short titled "Remembering Rod Serling" about the life, imagination and creativity of creator Serling, whose thought-provoking anthology series continues to mesmerize fans."

Here, there is one 3-hour showing at 7:00pm. The "movie poster" thumbnail indicates that this is playing today (November 14, 2019) only.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've got my ticket. They're playing Walking Distance, Time Enough At Last, The Invaders, The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street, Eye Of The Beholder and To Serve Man. That wouldn't be my list (The Hitch-Hiker would be in there) but it's still an excellent set of episodes.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I were able to see this last night, courtesy of another HTF member.

It was presented with what I take is typical Fathom-Event quality, but it was a pleasure to see these nearly-60-years-old "little TV episodes" on a theater screen with crystal-clear sound. (I could hear the minor tape hiss from the original magnetic tracks.)

Despite being intended for small-screen analogue television of the 1960s, they look great shown large - the occasional extreme close-up is the worst "distraction" of that sort. That presentation confirms what I and other film collectors have been able to see for decades (and home video - especially blu-ray owners also know) - there was solid craftsmanship at work on these programs.

Despite disruptions at this venue, including an emergency evacuation about five minutes into the program, we had a great time.

The "short documentary" was much longer, more detailed, and more involving than I'd expected, and lagniappe at the end for those interested: the first season of the CBS streaming series is advertised for sale on disc for February 2020.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I had to miss this one sadly. I was looking forward to it. :(

With I love Lucy and now The Twilight Zone, I wonder if The Dick Van Dyke Show is next up on Fathom's radar?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slp22
Recent bookmarks