What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Who: The Kids Are Alright - Wow! What a Transfer! (1 Viewer)

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Just finished watching THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT. I can't believe how absolutely gorgeous it looked and how amazing it sounded. You would have thought it was shot yesterday.

This is a collection of The Who performances mostly from over twenty-five to thirty-five years ago. The television segments look really good but the 35mm concert footage is jaw droppingly gorgeous. Take, for example, the concert footage of Baba O'Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again. I've seen this footage many times in many different venues over the years, but I've _never_ seen it look this good. The restoration and color grading is nothing short of astonishing.

And then there's the DTS sound mix. Absolutely fantastic. Every second of the film sounds unbelievable. The entire film has been remixed to 5.1 (DTS and Dolby Digital) and is a revelation.

If you're a fan of multichannel music you *have* to own this DVD. Be sure to pick up the two-disc special edition. There's also a single disc version of just the film, but the second disc has an amazing assortment of goodies including multi-angle footage.

This is unquestionably a must-buy.

-greg

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Just got this myself, and I was blown away. Incredible.

I especially like the FBI Warning.

The sound is top notch. Never would have thought something this old would sound- and look- so good.

I know it is not the most popular topic, but for just shear restoration quality, this should be a contendor. Incredible job!

Dave

StevenFC

Second Unit
Yeah it's pretty cool. I wish I had a video of it to compare it to just to see what has changed as far as quality and content. This film is what made me a Who fan. I had seen Tommy when it came out at the movies when I was eleven or twelve--but I was too young to grasp their music. But "The Kids Are Alright" really turned me on. I had forgotten how much I liked this film until I bought it the other day. It's definitely a great DVD. I like it when I get these little DVD surprises. Usually I know months in advance what's coming out or what's available to purchase of the movies I want. But I had no idea that this was coming out or that it was something that would ever see DVD. It never crossed my mind. Cool beans.

Now I wish I still had my old LP with the collector's booklet.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks