What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Tootsie 25th Anniversary edition announced! (1 Viewer)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
According to The Digital Bits site, Sony have announced a 25th Anniversary edition of 'Tootsie' for release on February 5th. No details of the number of discs or the contents as yet.

It seems Sony and Warner are both a little behind schedule with their special anniversary edition releases. Tootsie was a 1982 film so this anniversary release will be two months late. They've done a similar trick with their 40th anniversary edition of 'In The Heat Of The Night', which has been announced for a January release. And thus far, Warner haven't even announced their promised 40th anniversary editions of 'Bonnie And Clyde' and 'Cool Hand Luke' or their 10th anniversary edition of 'LA Confidential', all of which should really be released this year.

Not that I'm complaining. With all these releases, it will be a case of "better late than never".

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Haden

Supporting Actor
You just reminded me of the LA Confidential special edition. I sold off my original release like 2-3 yrs ago when this was first mentioned in a Warner's HTF chat, and now I'm wondering whatever happened to the plans for the new release. As you pointed out, 2007 is almost over.... so where is it Warners??

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Bugga!!! A commentary from Hoffman, Murray and Pollack would have been bonza :frowning:

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

I agree - after getting quite excited about the original announcement, my rapture is distinctly modified if there's not even going to be a commentary. After all, it's not as if there's a shortage of potential contributors. I might still buy it if the (asssumed) re-mastering provides an improvement, but it's probably not an automatic purchase for me. I'll wait to read some reviews first.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The production of this movie had a lot of behind-the-scenes ruckus so, if there's no commentary, hopefully the featurette will have something resembling depth.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and remain cautiously optimistic.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
What...No BLU RAY? Common SONY...release your classics in Hi Def! I'm still waiting for TAXI DRIVER on Blu Ray also!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks