What's new

General Discussion Trailer hints at Paramount soon joining Movies Anywhere (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm...

There is one downside to them joining MA though. Probably means no more free 4K upgrades on iTunes for DC redemptions (for future releases)... as they'd likely do as other studios and stop providing iTunes DC codes (on top of UV/Vudu both, which was another minor perk w/ their releases before).

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Maybe it just means "digital" distribution rights (specifically for this movie) belong to a MA-participating partner? Not necessarily that Paramount itself is joining MA?

_Man_

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
The only thing that catches me as being off about this is that you can't rent or purchase anything directly from MA so why point people towards it for this? Have other movies done it?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
E32FCD6E-3E7B-4EC4-A57B-C09145ED6172.gif

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Not sure how reliable this site is but they claim to have their info beyond the trailer debacle...

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That would be nice, but what seems odd to me is, why would they even need to announce it in advance in a trailer? I know it's a little bit different because DirecTV is a provider and not a studio. But when DirecTV joined recently, it just happened. I guess they signed whatever deal needed to be signed and they joined immediately. I would think that when/if Paramount joins, it would just happen instantaneously with a press release announcing the news and it just happens. Once the deal is done, they wouldn't need to put out a trailer and then make us wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks