What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Peacock Transplant (NBC) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This is a Canadian medical drama originally made for CTV, which NBC picked up for its fall schedule when COVID-19 meant that it wouldn't have enough of its own programs to air.

The story centers around Bashir Hamed, who proved his mettle as a wartime doctor back home in Syria, before he and his young sister moved to Canada and settled in Toronto as refugees. Unable to get work in the medical profession, presumably due to credentialing issues, he is working as a line cook at a Middle Eastern restaurant when a catastrophic accident occurs. He ends up saving the life everybody who was in the restaurant at the time.

The premise is interesting, sort of like a "Northern Exposure" in reverse, and the cast seems solid. I had one major issue with the pilot: most of the drama would have been eliminated if Hamed had just explained to the doctors and police that he was his sister's guardian and he needed to locate her. Hopefully future episodes will avoid such artificial stakes building.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Glad to have this one back. It's the only medical procedural I'm watching these days. The ongoing story of Bashir and his young sister making a new life for themselves as refugees in Toronto gives the show a unique hook the others don't have.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Glad to have this one back. It's the only medical procedural I'm watching these days. The ongoing story of Bashir and his young sister making a new life for themselves as refugees in Toronto gives the show a unique hook the others don't have.
Is this only on Peacock? I enjoyed it last year and was awaiting it's return, but don't currently have Peacock now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks