What's new
World Wide Stereo

TV Mount Hidden Cabinet (1 Viewer)

saudiboy

Auditioning
Real Name
mark
I have a 3 tiered built in; a cabinet on top, the TV cabinet in the middle and drawers below. The built in has mouldings on the side and top. I want to replace the existing tube TV with a mounted flat screen (60 or 65 inches) that will extend to the edge of the mouldings. I want the TV to swing out like a cabinet door so that I have access to the space behind. It seems that there would be a mount that would mount on the side and articulate a bit so the TV would clear the moulding on the mount side, but I can't find anything. Maybe a piano hinge would work if I frame out the opening a bit and attached the TV to a piece of plywood attached to the piano hinge, but I wonder if a piano hinge would be strong enough. Has anyone come up with a solution for this situation.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I've got two flat screen TV's on articulated mounts that allow them to swung out from the wall and turned up to 90 degrees each way. Both required anchoring in studs to support them-when extended out, the weight of the TV puts quite a bit of force on the mount at the wall through leverage. The larger of the two is rated to hold a 90 pound TV. The mount, a drill, level, wrenches and stud finder are all you need to set it up. One sample of what I'm talking about is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...01LL5JDA&linkCode=as2&tag=bestprodtagg2027-20

I haven't tried that particular mount, but it's along the lines of what I'm talking about. You should be able to just pull the TV flush with where you want it, and turn it if you need to for access.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks