What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Universal Studios & Warner Brothers Reissued DVD Sets (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As I said in the packaging preferences thread I posted, the overlap discs is my least favorite. As for the topic itself, I would consider repurchase of Miami Vice. The set I have has discs in cardboard sleeves that seem like they would be a prime opportunity for damage to the discs

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
As I said in the packaging preferences thread I posted, the overlap discs is my least favorite. As for the topic itself, I would consider repurchase of Miami Vice. The set I have has discs in cardboard sleeves that seem like they would be a prime opportunity for damage to the discs

There's a simple fix for that-- simply get as many paper disc envelopes as there are discs, then extract each disc carefully from each side of each sleeve, place the discs in the sleeves, stack them together, and put them in the part of the package that the sleeves came out of, then put the top part of the box back on. Bingo-- instant protection!

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Ditto with Season 1/2. Everything else is readily available though.
I tried getting Season 1&2 of Dallas from the official WBShop. They don't carry any of the Dallas seasons. I consider this a bad sign. I was planning on buying the single sided discs one at a time as I re-watched the show. I had hoped the price would come down over time. I was able to get the re-pressed first seasons of Dragnet, Adam-12 and Kojack for under $20. I may have to bite the bullet and get what I can of Dallas now.

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I tried getting Season 1&2 of Dallas from the official WBShop. They don't carry any of the Dallas seasons. I consider this a bad sign. I was planning on buying the single sided discs one at a time as I re-watched the show. I had hoped the price would come down over time. I was able to get the re-pressed first seasons of Dragnet, Adam-12 and Kojack for under $20. I may have to bite the bullet and get what I can of Dallas now.

I'm surprised that Dallas would be OOP Warner did the re release last year and it is a popular show. I suspect they are either prepping a blu ray or moving it to Streaming on WB Streaming service (Ive read they are starting one)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Unfortunately, it looks out of print to me, Steve. There are some used copies on Amazon.uk...
That's a shame, I noticed them getting hard to find at Christmas and managed to get seasons 1-4, 6, and 8. Season 10 just went away before I got it ordered.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I wonder if they could be making it MOD to avoid losing money on making too many
I hope so, that would be a relief. I get it on IMDB through Amazon prime with commercials but as always it's not the same as owning physical copies.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The Dallas re-issue sets have been notoriously difficult to get with any consistency. I had to get seasons 1-3, 5-8, 10-13 and wait for seasons 4 and 9 to get back in stock. I think, though I'm not sure, that Amazon only orders a handful of these at a time. You have to check everyday to see if they are back in stock or available to order. When they are available to order you have to get them right away or they are out of stock within hours.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The Dallas re-issue sets have been notoriously difficult to get with any consistency
This is what I don't understand. Why go to the trouble of re-packaging the series for release and fall short of the obvious demand? Did they underestimate the interest? Are the consumers and stores uninterested and then not ordering them causing Warner to discontinue production? I was fully expecting these to be around in sufficient quantity for at least two or three years. Have you seen the prices on the later season sets from 10 years ago? Some are listed at well over $100 now. I held on to all of my old sets with the exception of the first thinking I was going to pick it up soon. Now I may have to find a used copy to keep my collection complete.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
This is what I don't understand. Why go to the trouble of re-packaging the series for release and fall short of the obvious demand? Did they underestimate the interest? Are the consumers and stores uninterested and then not ordering them causing Warner to discontinue production?

I don't understand it either-- I thought for certain (when these newer O-R Dallas seasonals started being issued) that Wal-Mart, of all places, would have them; I never saw hide or hair of them there!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Barnes & Noble also carry them but at a much higher price than Amazon. Try them instead. You have to read the product description and look at the issue date (March of 2018) to make sure you get the re-issue sets.

Last edited:

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Barnes & Noble also carry them but at a much higher price than Amazon. Try them instead.
I have. Temporally Out Of Stock. I've tried all the major online retailers. Amazon, Walmart, Target, Deep Discount, Bull Moose, CC Video and even WB Shop. No one has season 1 & 2 of Dallas.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I also thought that they would have enough stock to last a couple of years at least. I had no problems with purchasing seasons 1-8. I'm currently starting Season 5 and hope to be able to purchase Seasons 9-13 at some point (Season 14, the final one, was previously issued on single sided discs). I already got rid of my flippers and will NEVER go back to those again.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I can't believe that these have gone out of print already. That seems very strange. I'm glad I got mine when I did and held onto my original sets. If there is anything wrong with my single sided sets, I have a back up set. It looks like replacing any defective single sided sets are going to be a real problem.

Right now I'm starting season 8. After season 9 the show begins to decline and it gets harder and harder for me to stay interested.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Right now I'm starting season 8. After season 9 the show begins to decline and it gets harder and harder for me to stay interested.

I think your feeling might be congruous w/those who saw it on CBS for the first time way back in the day.

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I also thought that they would have enough stock to last a couple of years at least. I had no problems with purchasing seasons 1-8. I'm currently starting Season 5 and hope to be able to purchase Seasons 9-13 at some point (Season 14, the final one, was previously issued on single sided discs). I already got rid of my flippers and will NEVER go back to those again.

I kept my flippers for the fact that some of the actors did commentary on those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettKarina
Recent bookmarks