What's new

want to replace an old Bose Lifestyle system I inherited and need some wisdom..! (1 Viewer)

jasonh595

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Thanks in advance for helping -- I've been reading up on this forum and other sites and know the inherent problems with Bose -- I moved into a home a few years ago with a Bose Lifestyle 38 system with the cube speakers. It's a 5.1 system with in wall wiring... I'm ready to move on as I'm getting a new TV and want to use the HDMI eArc which obviously isn't compatible with the Bose setup.

As I'm not a super picky audiophile (ie I just want movies sports tv to sound good) if there's a world where I could just hook up the existing speakers to an AV receiver that does what I want it to and has the HDMI hookups I need, that would be fine... but at the very least if I need to replace the system and get new speakers... can I at least use the existing speaker wire with new speakers?

Apologies for the admittedly novice question... just trying to figure out a setup that will sound good but won't break the bank. But I also want to go with a solution that will last for years and not a band-aid fix so if that involves replacing the speakers I'm ok to go that route. Photos of a few of the components below in case that helps... Thanks

IMG_5424.jpg
IMG_5425.jpg
IMG_5427.jpg

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Those Lifestyle speakers use proprietary connections so you're SOL probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks