What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

WAR OF THE WORLDS- NEW SERIES (1 Viewer)

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I watched the first two episodes of the new French/British TV series. It is set in Europe rather than the USA.It has been 31 years since WOTW was last made into a TV series. I found the first episode to be extremely slow moving.It does pick up in the second episode however. It was a pity that it was dubbed into English. I generally avoid dubbed films like the plague but I was curious about the series .

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I watched the first two episodes of the new French/British TV series. It is set in Europe rather than the USA.It has been 31 years since WOTW was last made into a TV series. I found the first episode to be extremely slow moving.It does pick up in the second episode however. It was a pity that it was dubbed into English. I generally avoid dubbed films like the plague but I was curious about the series .
Where is it available?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
The series is in 3 parts. I didn’t see any dubbing in part one. In fact it was very British. The original book has the invasion in Britain of course. The story although it takes place during the original time is wildly different. It takes place in the same world, but with completely different characters.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
The series is in 3 parts. I didn’t see any dubbing in part one. In fact it was very British. The original book has the invasion in Britain of course. The story although it takes place during the original time is wildly different. It takes place in the same world, but with completely different characters.
Unfortunately there are two War of the Worlds TV series at the moment. I think the one you are talking about is the BBC version “The War of the Worlds” whereas the other one that is referred to is “War of the Worlds” which is the Anglo/French one.

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Hi, I just discovered this War of the Worlds BBC TV series (2019-) ..... did anyone finish it? I understand it does have some mixed/ uneven reviews, but is it overall good? I just saw a clip of it on YouTube, and it looked rather good? Thoughts? Also any idea if one can get it on Blu-ray?

Help Me Please GIF by War Of The Worlds

Last edited:

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
It’s a few years since I watched it but it was absolutely awful. I do remember not being able to take any more and turned it off half way through episode three.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I didn't think it was awful, but I didn't think it was particularly good, either. I made it through the first season, but didn't like where it was going, so I didn't bother with the second season. I understand that there was a third season as well.

Never mind. I see that Jim was asking about the 2019 BBC series, not the 2019 UK/France series.

As for getting the BBC one on Blu-ray, Jim, apparently there's only an Australian release:

And a French release:

Last edited:

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
The 2019 BBC WotW streamed in the US (I can't remember the channel) and it was an OK production.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
I didn't think it was awful, but I didn't think it was particularly good, either. I made it through the first season, but didn't like where it was going, so I didn't bother with the second season. I understand that there was a third season as well.

Never mind. I see that Jim was asking about the 2019 BBC series, not the 2019 UK/France series.

As for getting the BBC one on Blu-ray, Jim, apparently there's only an Australian release:

And a French release:

Yes and I was talking about the BBC one not the UK/French one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks