What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: Stand and Deliver (1988) (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
409036802_816560557176293_6903017632518895225_n.jpg

Coming from the Warner Archive Collection on Blu-ray this March 26th!
New 2024 1080p HD master from a new 4K scan of the Original Camera Negative
STAND AND DELIVER (1988)
BD-50
Running Time-103 Minutes
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.85:1
Audio Format: DTS HD MA 2.0
Subtitles: English SDH
Contains the Original Theatrical Trailer

Cast: Edward James Olmos, Lou Diamond Phillips, Andy Garcia
One of the most important films of the late 1980s comes to Blu-ray with a fresh new HD master derived from a new 4K scan of the Original Camera Negative. Stand and Deliver lived up to its title when first released in 1988. This moving, acclaimed crowd-pleaser is the dynamic saga of real-life heroes determined to conquer a foe few people dare confront: the National Advanced Placement Calculus Exam. The outstanding Edward James Olmos earned a 1988 Best Actor Academy Award™ nomination for his performance filled with fire and grit as Jamie Escalante, an East L.A. math teacher who refuses to write off his inner-city students as losers. Escalante cajoles, pushes, threatens and inspires 18 students who were struggling with fractions to become math whizzes. Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba, Longmire) and Andy Garcia co-star in this timeless and true-life story about the real Escalante and his unconventional methods to inspire his students to greatness.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Wasn't this one of the early WB DVDs, in a snapper case, and letterboxed (i.e. not anamorphic)? It's a decent flick, and I'm pleased to see it get a Blu release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wasn't this one of the early WB DVDs, in a snapper case, and letterboxed (i.e. not anamorphic)? It's a decent flick, and I'm pleased to see it get a Blu release.
Its DVD release was November 10, 1998, and it was pan and scan.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
View attachment 213793

Coming from the Warner Archive Collection on Blu-ray this March 26th!
New 2024 1080p HD master from a new 4K scan of the Original Camera Negative

STAND AND DELIVER (1988)
BD-50
Running Time-103 Minutes
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.85:1
Audio Format: DTS HD MA 2.0
Subtitles: English SDH
Contains the Original Theatrical Trailer

Cast: Edward James Olmos, Lou Diamond Phillips, Andy Garcia
One of the most important films of the late 1980s comes to Blu-ray with a fresh new HD master derived from a new 4K scan of the Original Camera Negative. Stand and Deliver lived up to its title when first released in 1988. This moving, acclaimed crowd-pleaser is the dynamic saga of real-life heroes determined to conquer a foe few people dare confront: the National Advanced Placement Calculus Exam. The outstanding Edward James Olmos earned a 1988 Best Actor Academy Award™ nomination for his performance filled with fire and grit as Jamie Escalante, an East L.A. math teacher who refuses to write off his inner-city students as losers. Escalante cajoles, pushes, threatens and inspires 18 students who were struggling with fractions to become math whizzes. Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba, Longmire) and Andy Garcia co-star in this timeless and true-life story about the real Escalante and his unconventional methods to inspire his students to greatness.
Wow, being excited I didn't even take the time to read that this is a new 4K scan, and not the old HD (which was absolutely fine) that has been available digitally for over a decade.

Now I'm really excited. In a perfect world a new dedicated 4K disc would be available. But I'm still extremely happy with this news!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I am so sick of Amazon. Do early pre-orders locked in mean anything anymore? I ordered this probably the hour the title went live. I don't even have a delivery date as the page reads "temporarily out of stock". I should have this in my hands today, but no.

A lot of movies I don't care as much about have been getting cancelled from me lately. Long term delays are becoming a way to kill my interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks