What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: The Rain People (1969) (Blu-ray) (3 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
433895319_833624455469903_2196803458745284689_n.jpg

Coming from the Warner Archive Collection on May 7th!
New 1080p HD master from 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative

THE RAIN PEOPLE (1969)
BD-50
COLOR

Running Time-102 Minutes
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.85:1 with side mattes
Audio Format: DTS HD MA 2.0
Subtitles: English SDH
Cast: Elizabeth Hartman, Rip Torn, Geraldine Page, Peter Kastner
Includes Original Theatrical Trailer

Unsure of herself, months pregnant and feeling trapped, Natalie Ravenna leaves her sleeping husband a note and drives away from her Long Island home one rainy morning to find herself. Natalie is the heroine of Francis Ford Coppola's intensely moving drama, THE RAIN PEOPLE. Ahead of its time from both its filmmaking and feminist points of view, the film took Coppola and his eight-vehicle crew through eighteen states, lending this poignant tale a realistic, rootless tone. On board were three actors who brought a searing truth to the project: Shirley Knight as Natalie, and future stars of "The Godfather" James Caan and Robert Duvall as the lonely men who bring tenderness and tragedy Natalie's way. What they and Coppola brought our way is a movie that remains powerful, touching and relevant decades after its production.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D1K19FX8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=30W8XKVB7F939&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.EiRLxV7RJK3jH_Cu5E_xliqSozR64XEHpbYmYQSRcwRG_FilYYszBEGhjFmDChNDUHFpNDdHcdVk_GvXEReTCFtyOj28Y9s_DRBb6QLfpMT1hEx61Uc87cb8-R2WQ5ufsS1Vah5re6xuJ4jpbQwtaUx5-DSDRm0vp4zrawKdH9W6aPmqKTs6gJ2SHiPPJ13OaqjnAnSEDpFW8695lY4b3cMq_VsbypCFkn8i-8AdbOc.kvIfQW5BWCrTyF5S2Y40rwVxf7rhBCaxphSpPpCnAGg&dib_tag=se&keywords=the+rain+people+blu-ray&qid=1712933491&sprefix=the+rain+people+blu-ray,aps,118&sr=8-1

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I went to see this film when new, knowing nothing about it. Shirley Knight (luminous) was a known quantity, but I knew nothing about the leading men, who were impressive. I also very much liked the director's work. A small jewel of a film. Highly recommended.
I did too. I went because I liked the title, to the first show at the Trans-Lux East, a theater that I later ended up managing. As I recall, the theater was empty. I went back to see it again a few days later, and the theater was still empty. Magnificent cast. Remarkable film. Someone once said that Henri-Georges Clouzot's films were the closest cinema ever got to literature, but clearly he never saw THE RAIN PEOPLE.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I suppose this doesn't include the behind the scenes featurette shot by that Lucas guy.

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
Ron, thanks for the post! Small correction: The cast listed is for the Coppola film You're a Big Boy Now. For The Rain People it should read James Caan, Shirley Knight, and Robert Duvall.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron, thanks for the post! Small correction: The cast listed is for the Coppola film You're a Big Boy Now. For The Rain People it should read James Caan, Shirley Knight, and Robert Duvall.
That’s a Warner press release error because if you read the press release description, it has the correct actors in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks