World Wide Stereo

Weekly RoundUp 1-22-2013 (2 Viewers)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Thanks, Moe, for saving me a trip to B&N this week. Too bad. But I guess it can't be Christmas every time!
(My nearest one with movie and music department is 50 minutes away.)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Chas in CT said:
Thanks, Moe, for saving me a trip to B&N this week.       Too bad.  But I guess it can't be Christmas every time! (My nearest one with movie and music department is 50 minutes away.)
That's actually true for in-store too? I haven't tried, but usually, using coupons on top of whatever sale promo is fine in-store even if/when not allowed online. _Man_

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Not for this deal Man. The computers give you whichever is cheaper between the sale prices and the combo deal. The in store signage is also very explicit that it cannot be combined with any other discounts.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
David_Jr said:
Really wondering if this one improves on the DVD. Please let us know.
It has to be better than the DVD, the DVD is so wretched...the review from RAH on this very forum is favorable.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Taken 2 is $12.99 in best buy today and tomorrow only. They are marching the bb. Com price. I used a trade and save to buy it for$7.99.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TonyD
Taken 2 is $12.99 in best buy today and tomorrow only. They are marching the bb. Com price.
I used a trade and save to buy it for$7.99.
Amazon is selling it at 12.99 too without the trade and save option.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
TonyD said:
Taken 2 is $12.99 in best buy today and tomorrow only. They are marching the bb. Com price. I used a trade and save to buy it for$7.99.
Thanks for the tip, I was on my way out when I checked here and went back to BB and scored Taken 2 for 7.99 with the Upgrade and save deal. Love this U&S deals, I've been getting rid of many old 'non-anamorphic' dups DVDs (long ago upgraded) and swap them for new Blu titles, much better deal than the old Blu for Red program from WB, where we had to send back a still perfectly good HD-DVD disc for the same title. This time around also scored for 4.99.. Get the Gringo The Town The Hangover Hangover Part 2 I'm running out of old dvds..:D

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Steve Tannehill said:
I noticed the Godfather set was listed as an import at Amazon.com so I went to Amazon.co.uk and found it for £60.99....all regions. After VAT is removed and shipping added, it works out to £53.91 or $88.94. Or you can get the original 4-disc release without the box of junk for under $40 from Amazon.com.
Amazon currently has the three movie set for $17.99. Unless you really want the $389.99 box David

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Alfonso_M said:
Thanks for the tip, I was on my way out when I checked here and went back to BB and scored Taken 2 for 7.99 with the Upgrade and save deal. Love this U&S deals, I've been getting rid of many old 'non-anamorphic' dups DVDs (long ago upgraded) and swap them for new Blu titles, much better deal than the old Blu for Red program from WB, where we had to send back a still perfectly good HD-DVD disc for the same title. This time around also scored for 4.99.. Get the Gringo The Town The Hangover Hangover Part 2 I'm running out of old dvds..:D
I traded in a few HD-DVD to BB to get this Taken 2 deal. They were not going to take them at first, but I told them I had read online that BB was taking them in the promotion. So the guy read the rules and said "It doesn't say not to take them." So he took them. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks