What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Green Mile – 1999
full

– The King’s Man – 2021
full

– The Jungle Book – 1967
full

– Escape from LA – 1996
full

– France – 2021
full

– Village of the Giants – 1965...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Alligator this week. At some point, I'll get Man On The Moon and I assume Escape From L.A. is going to get a last second delay due to its audio issues.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

The King's Man is going to be appear on Hulu and HBO Max this Friday, so I'll check it out before deciding about a purchase. I liked the previous two films in the series (with a different cast) but didn't get around to this one over the holidays.

I'm curious about the new release of The Jungle Book. Disney never issued a press release for it, so I'm guessing that it is probably similar to the previous now-out-of-print Diamond Edition from 2014. If word gets around that there is actually something new on it, I might be interested in that. But that seems very unlikely. I guess I'll have to wait for other people to actually pick it up to know. I haven't seen anything about Disney sending out review copies for it, but I would read a review with interest if they did.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wonder if the Amazon listings for this week's Disney titles means anything? (In terms of the long-running Amazon/Disney "dispute.")
They've been better lately. However, I'm waiting to see how long the West Side Story links become active before declaring that the Amazon/Disney dispute appears to be over with.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Another big week for me - I've got reviews coming for Green Mile, Alligator, and American Underdog.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Another big week for me - I've got reviews coming for Green Mile, Alligator, and American Underdog.
I'll be waiting especially for Alligator.

Will likely be picking that up, barring an awful review, and King's Man at some point.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder to be on the lookout -- no date or rumors or emails yet, but Criterion Flash Sale may be coming soon.
2/22 (4th Tues in Feb) is certainly the betting favorite, but due to the early calendar position and Washington's Birthday (or your local Holiday Name) on Monday it wouldn't shock me to see it pushed back a week or two. Once something more official is known I'll see if I can put together a list of releases since the last sale.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wonder if the Amazon listings for this week's Disney titles means anything? (In terms of the long-running Amazon/Disney "dispute.")
They've been better lately. However, I'm waiting to see how long the West Side Story links become active before declaring that the Amazon/Disney dispute appears to be over with.
The West Side Story links are now active on Amazon. It appears the long standing issue between Amazon and Disney has dissipated as more titles controlled by Disney are now available for pre-order on Amazon. There was a time when such titles weren't available to order on Amazon until just before or after their release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.