What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Steamboat Willie – 1928
full

– Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – 2022
full

– Legion of Super Heroes – 2023
full

– Bubba Ho-Tep – 2002
full

– The Return of Swamp Thing  – 1989
full

– That Man Bolt – 1973...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Quite a variety of releases this week, RoundUppers. A real example of “something for everyone.” I hope that translates into something for you.

Personally, I am intrigued to see what the DVD release of Crazylegs is going to look like. It’s a film I’ve never seen but Crazylegs Hirsch was a huge presence in my youth. He was inducted into the HOF in 1968. I have read numerous articles and books about him but haven’t seen much footage. This film features Hirsch (as himself) along with guys like Night Train Lane and Norm Van Brocklin. I can’t name many guys (if any) in the 2023 Super Bowl, but I could list off dozens of names from teams in the early 1960s.

And is the Disney/Amazon “feud” pretty much over? Wakanda Forever and the new collection of Mickey shorts are front and center on Amazon this week.

Safe shopping! :D

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
@Mike Frezon - I posted my review of Mickey & Minnie last week.

I should have my review of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever up later today or tomorrow.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Probably season one of Joe Pickett at some point. I like the novels on which it's based. Hopefully they haven't screwed up the characters.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oof, I have the Three Colors CC set on BR...that $100 to go to 4K is a little steep...

I will definitely be buying BPWF. I'll be curious to compare the sound quality to the D+ streaming version. I watched about an hour of it last night and found the dynamic range to be a bit compressed to what I recall from seeing it in the theater.

Thanks as usual for the RoundUp Mike!

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I'm getting Wakanda Forever. One reason, I went to my local IMAX theater and the surround was mixed so high, it drown out the other speakers, thus losing the emotional element to the movie. It was horrible

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
When Wakanda Forever was first put up for order at Best Buy, it was $27.99 for the Blu-ray. Then last week it was raised, reflecting the price Mike put in the grid.

Now it is back to $27.99.

The standard 4K release is now $33.99.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is a surprise.

I was poking around Best Buy's website and found another steelbook release. We all know about the two steelbooks for Wakanda Forever that Mike listed. But it turns out there is also this:

Black Panther new steelbook.jpeg

This appears to be a new steelbook for the original Black Panther film. I'm pretty sure that it has had a steelbook before, but I'm guessing those are out of print now. Price is a very reasonable (for a Disney 4K steelbook) $24.99. Obviously, this is piggybacking on the release of the sequel. But it is a nice idea to get the original back out again in case anyone who missed out on the previous versions would like this edition to match the new one.

I don't need to buy this, but I do like that artwork a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.