What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– A Man Called Otto – 2022
full

– The Prince and the Showgirl – 1957
full

– The Wildcat – 1921
full

– Leonor Will Never Die – 2022
full

– No Man is an Island – 1962
full

– Trade Winds – 1938...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. Another big week in terms of new home video releases. Whatever happened to the “death of physical media?!?” :D

A hundred year spread on this week’s titles: Pola Negri to Tom Hanks. Throw in some Marilyn Monroe, Fredric March, Frank Sinatra, Nick Nolte and everyone in-between! :laugh:

Hope there’s something for you!

Safe shopping, RoundUppers!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

Anything Goes for me. This is a professionally filmed London production of the stage musical from 2021 starring Sutton Foster and Robert Lindsay. It previously aired on PBS last year.

I'm also getting John & Jen, which you didn't list in the Roundup. It has been a while since that has happened.

John and Jen.jpeg

This is another professionally filmed stage production from London. I have heard its name before, which is a two-person show, but don't know a lot about it. Rachel Tucker, who is playing Jen, has previously appeared in Sting's musical, The Last Ship, as well as Wicked and Come From Away. She also participated in a virtual production of Songs For A New World during the pandemic and was great in that. Amazon has John and Jen for $11.99. Given my interest in musicals, I think this is worth a blind buy for me to check it out.

Anything Goes is obviously a much more well-known title, so it gets a Blu-ray. Liberator is releasing John & Jen on DVD only. I haven't bought one of those in quite some time, but I'll take it.

I'm glad to see The Prince of Egypt is coming to 4K with its original VHS and DVD artwork intact. (The Blu-ray artwork is an absolute eyesore.) I don't really need it because I'm not 4K equipped, but I would get it if I was.

A Man Called Otto is a good film, but I think the Swedish original A Man Called One is better. So I don't really feel like I need it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'll pick up the Streets Of Fire UHD at some point and I'll finish off The Walking Dead when that hits $15 or $20 during the holidays.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)
Are you watching The Last Of Us @TravisR . If you like TWD you'll LLOVE TLOU

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
A Man Called Otto and The Whale for me. Isn't the Prince and the Showgirl the movie being made during My Week With Marilyn?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks