What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-8-2014 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff Cooper said:
Pull the trigger before it goes up to $35. Then you'll be cursing yourself for missing out over a few dollars savings.
Hah!

That'll show ya, Jeff! It has now dropped from $21.93 all the way down to $21.52! The precipitous plummet continues! :biggrin:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mike I had that disc delivered by Netflix, kept it by my tv for about a week then sent it back. I couldn't bring myself to watch it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
Mike I had that disc delivered by Netflix, kept it by my tv for about a week then sent it back.I couldn't bring myself to watch it.
Well I've got the book sitting by my chair...and I have yet to read it!

The price, meanwhile, has dropped to $21.11. :biggrin:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Shortly after that last post (in May) the price of My Dog Tulip zoomed back up into the $35 range again.

I thought I had missed my opportunity (as Jeff had predicted many weeks ago).

Jeff Cooper said:
Pull the trigger before it goes up to $35. Then you'll be cursing yourself for missing out over a few dollars savings.

But then I checked my Amazon Cart tonight and found:
[*]My Dog Tulip [Blu-ray] has decreased from $35.96 to $20.32
[/list]
I decided not to let the opportunity pass me by again!

I'll have it on Friday. :biggrin:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It took until last night, but my wife and I finally watched the much-desired My Dog Tulip last night.

As is so often the case with films that you believe will be "right up your alley," this one disappointed greatly.

Very disappointing. I wish the price had never come down. :biggrin:

Why the original book was well-received (not to mention the movie--Roger Ebert called it the "best animated film of the year"), I'll never know. An old man's ruminations on his dog's bowel and bladder movements...not to mention mating details...just isn't interesting, cute, or insightful.

The premise of the story is that this man found in his dog--in an unlikely turn--the best friend he never had in his life. But very little in the story spoke to why that was true. I know that many here--including Tony--tried to talk me out of it. Should have listened.

Oh. And no need for any tissues. Nothing connected me to the story emotionally.

I think--seven months later--I can finally "close the circle" on the 4-8-2014 Weekly RoundUp now. :laugh:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Did you really expect to find "enlightenment" from a film about a dog?

4718244404_06cc3c9025_z.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I tried but for a differeent reason because I was afraid I'd be heartbroken. I was actually hoping you would like it so my not wanting to watch it would be justified.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As I expected based on your comments, Rotten Tomatoes shows My Dog Tulip with a Critics Rating 21 points higher than its Users Rating (91 and 70).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
As I expected based on your comments, Rotten Tomatoes shows My Dog Tulip with a Critics Rating 21 points higher than its Users Rating (91 and 70).
That is interesting. I NEVER think to use Rotten Tomatoes as a resource. (I don't know why. I just don't.) But that might just stick with me now and make me think to check there first from now on.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Rotten Tomatoes is the best. It shows a selection of capsule summaries of critic and user reviews that provide a great quick overview.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
altinbevera
Recent bookmarks