What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 5-23-2017
WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– Logan – 2017

full

– The Great Wall – 2016

Weekly RoundUp 5-23-2017

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Safe shopping RoundUppers!

The only thing for me this week is that BIG deluxe set getting released of Sgt. Pepper's...celebrating the 50th anniversary of the album's release. But that's quite enough! :D

Thanks in advance for any "likes" of the OP.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the ROundUp, Mike, and thanks for including the links to the reviews. Always appreciated.

Fox has informed me the UHD review copy of Logan is on the way. I imagine it'll arrive Monday. I put in for a few other releases this week, but they haven't arrived as of yet.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As always, thanks for your work, Mike.

I liked Logan while I was watching it in the theater and would recommend a rental if anyone interested in it skipped it there, but I promptly forgot about it after that and didn't find it staying with me emotionally, so I don't think I need to own it right now, but might be open to picking it up down the line after a price drop. Nothing else for me this week either.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Logan, at some point, I'm sure. Vixen is coming from Amazon...at the way reduced price of $13 something or other.

Thanks Mike!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike!

Just Logan for me this week. It's worth noting that the Best Buy steelbooks and the Target exclusive of Blu-Ray/UHD releases include a second disc with the black and white "Noir" version of the film. Not sure if that's also true of the regular Blu-Ray and UHD releases.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike!

Just Logan for me this week. It's worth noting that the Best Buy steelbooks and the Target exclusive of Blu-Ray/UHD releases include a second disc with the black and white "Noir" version of the film. Not sure if that's also true of the regular Blu-Ray and UHD releases.

I'm pretty sure that's an across-the-board feature for all the Blu and UHD releases.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I picked up Logan UHD and Alien on Blu as well as Beatles 1 since I am eagerly awaiting the Sgt Peppers box set and I somehow missed getting that blu-ray.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Anyone interested in Logan in 4K might want to check out their local Wal Mart. Don't know if everyone's has this but here's what I found today at mine

IMG_1777_zpszzsvgobn.jpg

Now, it rang up at 24.96, but I argued that 19.96 was the price they were advertising and eventually got them to honor that price.

By the way that purchase officially pops my 4K cherry (even though I don't yet have a 4K display, though I'm expecting one to arrive any day now, or a UHD player)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone interested in Logan in 4K might want to check out their local Wal Mart. Don't know if everyone's has this but here's what I found today at mine

IMG_1777_zpszzsvgobn.jpg

Now, it rang up at 24.96, but I argued that 19.96 was the price they were advertising and eventually got them to honor that price.

By the way that purchase officially pops my 4K cherry (even though I don't yet have a 4K display, though I'm expecting one to arrive any day now, or a UHD player)

Guessing a one-off mislabel. I saw that display in 2 stores today picking up other items and both had it 24.96.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Guessing a one-off mislabel. I saw that display in 2 stores today picking up other items and both had it 24.96.

Quite obviously a mistake, but thats a YP not an MP

Also most chain retail stores have a policy (or maybe it's even a law) that they have to honor any displayed price even if it's a mistake?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy near me was sold out of the Steelbook Blu-Ray of Logan so I ended up going with Target release with the book. As with Target's exclusive book release of the My Fair Lady Blu, the discs are only held in place with flimsy cardboard tabs. Because there's only slots for two discs, the Noir Blu-Ray disc comes in a cardboard sleeve that is riding loose inside the book. Target's solution this time around to keep everything in place is a slipcover so tight that the compression keeps everything from moving. It does make extracting the book from the slipcover challenging, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tok
Recent bookmarks