What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – 2022
full

– The Gilded Age – 2022
full

– The Lost City – 2022
full

– Jack and the Beanstalk – 1952
full

– The Killing – 1956
full

– The Guest – 2014

The Prices...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike! Hope you start feeling a lot better sooner rather than later.

Too bad there's no HD release of The Gilded Age.
Did you make it to Troy when they were filming the exteriors? It was really cool/surreal one night when I was making a Dinosaur BBQ run and came around the bend to 19th century NYC.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike! :) Best wishes to you and Peg on your continued recovery.

There are more interesting titles this week than I can justify picking up at once.

First and foremost, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a huge seminal film in my life and development as a movie fan. I've owned it on DVD for several years, but somehow I never got around to buying Universal's Blu-ray. I am very excited to finally upgrade to Kino's new edition. I have had it pre-ordered with Amazon for a while, but they have not yet provided any delivery estimate. So I don't know when I'm actually going to get that. Has anyone else encountered this issue with this release?

I'll also be picking up Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness to maintain my complete MCU collection.

The Lost City is a surprisingly fun movie which I enjoyed in theaters. But I don't feel the need to pay ~$22 for it. I might get that at some point down the line after a price drop. I would certainly recommend a rental for anyone interested who hasn't seen it yet.

I would also be interested in checking out Fiddler's Journey to the Big Screen at a reasonable price point, but not for $29.99.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Will get Night Gallery 2 at some point. Interested in "The Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee 2", but will watch for a bit of a price drop. I pre-ordered the first box as I thought it would probably sell out, just to see it offered a number of times at prices well below what I paid and it still seems to be available.

I bought The Lost City on digital. Might pick up the disc in the future at a lower price as it's a very fun movie.

Will probably order Doctor Strange 2 from Japan if they have the 3D version.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is now "temporarily out of stock" according to Amazon. My longstanding pre-order does not have a delivery estimate yet.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is now "temporarily out of stock" according to Amazon. My longstanding pre-order does not have a delivery estimate yet.
That seems to happen with a fair number of Kino titles at Amazon (the recent reissue of Film Noir Vol. I is another where they were taking pre-orders, then it went out of stock a day or so before release). That's one reason I usually order those direct from Kino.

1658849882940.png

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/eternal-sunshine-of-the-spotless-mind-4k-uhd

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That seems to happen with a fair number of Kino titles at Amazon
Huh. I've ordered Kino titles from Amazon on several occasions before as recently as Flower Drum Song and never personally ran into that issue before. I tend to order from Amazon by default because I don't have to pay shipping thanks to Prime. But I did just order Eternal Sunshine from Kino.

Thanks.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Huh. I've ordered Kino titles from Amazon on several occasions before as recently as Flower Drum Song and never personally ran into that issue before. I tend to order from Amazon by default because I don't have to pay shipping thanks to Prime. But I did just order Eternal Sunshine from Kino.

Thanks.
I believe Kino does free shipping at $50, so maybe you want to "save up" and order in bunches rather than one at a time.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
maybe you want to "save up" and order in bunches rather than one at a time.
I thought about that. But the next Kino release I want is In Bruges, which doesn't come out until the end of September. At Best Buy, I ordered Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Lightyear in the same order to save on shipping. But they are still sending me Multiverse this week at no extra charge even though Lightyear is a September release. If Kino operated that way, I would have been okay with ordering things together. But Kino won't ship any items in an order until all of them are available. So if I combined Eternal Sunshine with In Bruges, I wouldn't get either one for another two months. The whole reason to order from Kino is because I don't want to wait around to see if Amazon will stock it later. So in this particular case I swallowed hard and decided to pay the shipping this time. $8 is very high for a single disc, but Eternal Sunshine is a really significant seminal film for me personally, so I just did it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.