World Wide Stereo

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd,

I pre-ordered mine on 7/11 too, but I decided to have store pickup for it. At about 11:00 p.m. tonight, I received my order is ready for pickup so I'll be at BB at 10:00 in the morning.
My problem is that there are no Best Buy stores within 2 hours where I moved to, so I'm stuck with ship-to-home.

728x90

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
For those waiting -- the 3D/4K exclusive is back in stock at most BBY for instore pickup.
No shipping options at least not yet.

Some folks are having to add/submit multiple times (or change stores and back) and try to get the order to go through

Got mine in.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
An hour ago both options were available. I added it to my cart for pickup and then decided I wasn't going to spend $35 plus tax for a movie. I did it for Skull Island, but no more.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Appears that GotG V2 4K/3D is now back on line for shipping as well as reserve in store pickup.
For those going to the store anyway, you can add a $1 off for pickup if you place in your cart for shipping and then change to Pickup during checkout. Every dollar helps I guess.

Free Shipping still $35 for those not on any of the Elite status. If you can't think of something else to order a $15 physical GC often is useful to add if you shop enough at BBY and want to save the $4-5 shipping charge

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's worth noting that Guardians Vol. 2 made a brief appearance on Amazon yesterday as in-stock for immediate shipment. They are matching Best Buy's price on the Blu+DVD and Target's price on the 4K. However, today the Blu+DVD combo "usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks," and the 4K and DVD versions are "Temporarily out of stock." So, what else is new? I'm glad I didn't rely on Amazon to send my copy.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's worth noting that Guardians Vol. 2 made a brief appearance on Amazon yesterday as in-stock for immediate shipment. They are matching Best Buy's price on the Blu+DVD and Target's price on the 4K. However, today the Blu+DVD combo "usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks," and the 4K and DVD versions are "Temporarily out of stock." So, what else is new? I'm glad I didn't rely on Amazon to send my copy.

I wasn't paying attention, but any idea of when it went OOS again? It looks like at least it made an appearance around 11am -- at least long enough to lower the release day price.

I wonder what last weeks Once Upon a TIme S6 is going to do. It was $53 most of the week and eventually dropped to 44.99 on Monday to match BBY prices, but well after the Release Dya preorder guarantee. I wonder if those who bought from Amazon are going to be able to get that $8 refunded like a normal release would have done.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
No, unfortunately I don't have any idea. I wasn't really paying a huge amount of attention either because I don't trust Amazon with regard to my Disney titles anymore since this situation started, so it was just a curiosity I noticed; I was never actually considering ordering it from them.

Like Beauty and the Beast and Rogue One, Guardians is sure to be one of the big sellers of the year, so Amazon continues to dig in their heels and not care about missing what would probably be a large number of sales because they'd rather "win" this argument with Disney. Their loss, I think, since I've still gotten every Disney title I want this year through other means, although they don't see it as a loss they care about, or they would fix this.

The Lion King next week would also come to me via Amazon normally, but will be through a store again.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I am interested in the Steelbook version of GotG V2 from Best Buy for the 3D disc. I guess I didn't jump on it fast enough as all my local Best Buy's are out of stock according to the Best Buy app. So I could order it. I've never done that before with Best Buy preferring in-store pick-up. I never saw this at the theater so it's a blind buy and an expensive one! Did I see shipping is free?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am interested in the Steelbook version of GotG V2 from Best Buy for the 3D disc. I guess I didn't jump on it fast enough as all my local Best Buy's are out of stock according to the Best Buy app. So I could order it. I've never done that before with Best Buy preferring in-store pick-up. I never saw this at the theater so it's a blind buy and an expensive one! Did I see shipping is free?

You could call the stores or go in and have them search the internal inventory if you're really interested. the online inventory that the web site sees will not register less than 3 copies so many stores may have 1 or 2 sitting around. A few people have run across those today. You could ask teh Manager if they're a good egg to search teh internal database which should register all copies. The manager may also know of some canceled pickups from people that decided to order online or made multiple orders to cover themselves in case of mistaken pulls or damaged pulls.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI, I thought that I'd have to resort to eBay to get a copy of GotG vol 2 Steelbook with the 3D blu ray disc. I have been checking the Best Buy app regularly and finally this morning it didn't show as sold out and I was actually able to buy a copy. Though there was no way to do store pick-up so it's being shipped to me. Though with taxes and shipping, which was not free, it's nearing eBay prices. Though I'm ok as I'd rather not encourage the eBay people who buy these for profit. But I understand their desire to do this. If the purchase went through OK, I should have it September 5. So hopefully this works out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike,

Just a heads up I see Paramount is reissuing a bunch of their previously released titles next week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Robert.

I must've weeded them out already. The only Paramount title I have for next week as of right now is Baywatch.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As much as I might admire Alexandra Daddario, I STILL won't be ordering Baywatch!

I'm just saying that it's on my release list for next week's RoundUp! :laugh:
I might glance at some scenes with her when it hits HBO and such. However, I won't be spending any of monies on any disc of it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW -- BBY 4K/3D Guardians V2 SB is back up for order/shipping. I posted in the main thread, but figured some might look here as well.

It's been up for an hour or two, but no idea how long this 3rd wave will last

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 Steelbook set with 4K Blu ray and 3D blu ray from a Best Buy shipped over the weekend and arrived today. Far faster then I was led to believe. So it worked out and just made it before they were really all sold out. Of course the 3D blu ray will probably be available in another release soon enough.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting that the 3D Steelbook is still popping up on the website. It's been available to order on and off fro brief periods today.

In store pickup have been hit of miss locally for me as well Last night none, this morning 4-5 stores, then OOS, and tonight I've got 3 stores saying pickup is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks