What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What is the correct JFK running time? (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Oliver Stone's "JFK" on BD seems to have 2 different running times.

The film, itself, within the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Boxed Set has a running time of 189 minutes.

The single disc version has a running time of 205 minutes.

Which is the correct running time?

Which is the better BD?

Thanks,

PMF

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Is this a case where the Director's Cut is the better way to go?

If so, then farewell to all those bonus materials in the boxed set; can't buy the film twice.

Thanks,

PMF

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
PMF said:
The film, itself, within the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Boxed Set has a running time of 189 minutes.
You mean this box here

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/JFK-Blu-ray/79762/

has the theatrical cut??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought only the director's cut has been released and I also think it has been confirmed that it contains the longer director's cut.

Also, 'JFK 50 Year Commemorative Ultimate Collector's Edition' will be available November 12. While the film itself is, per Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, the exact same same master as the previous Director's Cut Blu-ray, this edition includes everything from that release as well as new extras,
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Oliver_Stone/Oliver_Stone_Talks_Untold_History_JFK_Breaking_Bad_and_a_4th_Cut_of_Alexander/12821

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Yes...it is all very confusing.

Amazon cites the boxed set as 189 minutes.

Amazon cites the individual disc (the non-digibook) as 205 minutes.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
PMF said:
Yes...it is all very confusing.

Amazon cites the boxed set as 189 minutes.

Amazon cites the individual disc (the non-digibook) as 205 minutes.
Ah, I see.

Don't pay attention to amazon specs.

They're usually wrong. ;)

I know though than the theatrical cut is available in HD digitally. (in itunes, etc.)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
moviebuff75 said:
I like the director's cut. It isn't that different to me. Mostly in the second half of the film.
Someone had pointed a continuity error in the director's cut, where a name (I think Clay Shaw) is mentioned by the Costner character, before he knew of him. Something like that..

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Is this discussion leaning towards the idea that both the individual disc and the boxed set are truly one and the same in its running time?

Meanwhile, if anyone purchased the boxed set, I would like to learn if all the extra discs are worthy of the space it will take up.

-PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
But has anyone purchased the boxed set?

And if so, are all of the supplementary discs worthy enough to justify all that shelf space?

Or, is the single disc plenty enough?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
PMF said:
But has anyone purchased the boxed set?

And if so, are all of the supplementary discs worthy enough to justify all that shelf space?

Or is the single disc plenty, enough?
I have the box set, and yes, IMO, the extras justify the extra space, but of course, it's one of my favorite films, so I don't mind.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I went with the boxed set which, indeed, includes the "Director's Cut" with a running time of 205 minutes.

Amazons specs of the boxed set were, gladly, incorrect; as they described the commemorative edition as containing the 188 minute version.

This impressive and non-fluff boxed set is slimmer than most, but nicely designed, potently packed and not at all overdone as other boxed sets can usually be.

It's the better deal of all editions, by far.

- PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks