What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Where I show off my Inspector General poster (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I got this month or so back. So proud of it. Took me weeks just to unfold it and snap a picture. I was a afraid I was going to drop the camera on it. I had a plan if that happened. Would hit myself in the eyes with the camera until I couldn't see damage no more !

The poster at imdb is the actual one I got. Very strange. The seller had no explanation. Was worried but it doesn't look anything like a fake.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041509/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

I'll post my actual picture next. I can't figure out how to upload it to the first post here.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Click to make it big. Very proud of this one. My second fav comedy after Paper Moon. I feel like I own a piece of history. Afraid to take care of this.

Inspector General Movie Poster rotate.jpg

The other posters for this movie are very expensive. I can't find the spanish one but you can get a full size reprint. The one with Kaye in uniform doing the dance, which is fantastic, is very expensive.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Here is the other style. This damaged one isn't too expensive but I'm passing on it. Wish I had the money to get a good one. Such happiness in that picture of Kaye.

Next down is the Spanish one. It's about $20 for a reprint. I think this poster if very popular with fans. The faces of Kaye are just wonderful. You can get a tiny one too with printing on both sides with a little looking. I haven't bought that yet.

I'm thinking about getting the lobby cards but I'm not a huge fan of those.

The-Inspector-General-1950-Original-Release-Three-Sheet.jpg

inspector-general-movie-poster-1949-1020532242.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I like the dancing poster and the damage, while reducing its value, I find appealing. It looks more historical. You should put your poster in a frame and hang it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I like the dancing poster and the damage, while reducing its value, I find appealing. It looks more historical. You should put your poster in a frame and hang it.
I'm afraid. :D I really wish they came framed. I need to find frames that don't cost more than my collectables do.

Btw, I have a pretty big collection from another movie I'll reveal with a new thread for it when I get everything out and pictured. Everything is still packed up in the boxes they came in. My house is terrible and I'm afraid to do anything until I get moved. I was setting up a small home studio for video filming weeks back and moving some boxes near a wall found that the bathtub water from next room over was leaking through with smelly mold. I had to throw away a box that a wheel/pedals for gaming were in. I'm tired of renting a dump. :( But it's cheap. :)

That's a great point about that damaged one. I do wish it was a tad cheaper, like maybe $20 or less.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm afraid. :D I really wish they came framed. I need to find frames that don't cost more than my collectables do.

Btw, I have a pretty big collection from another movie I'll reveal with a new thread for it when I get everything out and pictured. Everything is still packed up in the boxes they came in. My house is terrible and I'm afraid to do anything until I get moved. I was setting up a small home studio for video filming weeks back and moving some boxes near a wall found that the bathtub water from next room over was leaking through with smelly mold. I had to throw away a box that a wheel/pedals for gaming were in. I'm tired of renting a dump. :( But it's cheap. :)

That's a great point about that damaged one. I do wish it was a tad cheaper, like maybe $20 or less.
I like the dancing one because it really captures the joy and fun that DK brought to his performance. BTW, a place like Michaels has lots of poster frames ready to go. Been a while since I’ve been in there, so I forget the price. Probably the least expensive route.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
thanks! I'll look next time i'm in a bigger city that has a craft store like that. Walmart has frames but they look so cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks