What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release WHV Press Release: Max Fleischer's SUPERMAN 1941-1943 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
So you think they will fix this disc before it comes out? Or is it that you hope they will do a better job next time?
I have no idea. Discs are probably already at retailers awaiting the 16 May release date. One would presume that a stop sale could be ordered.

If Mr. Hunt received a copy, then screeners are out. I should be receiving one.

Warner has a very positive history of correcting issues.

I’m not concerned.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have no idea. Discs are probably already at retailers awaiting the 16 May release date. One would presume that a stop sale could be ordered.

If Mr. Hunt received a copy, then screeners are out. I should be receiving one.

Warner has a very positive history of correcting issues.

I’m not concerned.
There are at least two recent releases Ghost Ship and The Opposite Sex in which replacement discs have not been offered yet.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
If Bill is correct, it’s an expensive (and embarrassing) error that should not have occurred. Easy enough to go back to the scans.

Or could simply be poor, compression and QC.

Just throw some $$$ at it and make it go away.

But once again - and I’ve heard no confirmation of a problem - EVERYTHING comes down to the intent of the individuals working on a project - and a combination of their experience in film history, technology and eye for perfection.
Has anyone approached George F. and asked about this issue, if indeed there is one? Before reproaching WAC it only seems the right thing to do, before passing judgment on this project.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This was a pleasant surprise to find this thread and news! I was wondering if the shorts would ever get the HD release. I thought the shorts looked great on DVD, so I’m really curious how this remaster will look.

i look forward to it and hope these reports from Bill Hunt’s review will be corrected if true.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
This was a pleasant surprise to find this thread and news! I was wondering if the shorts would ever get the HD release. I thought the shorts looked great on DVD, so I’m really curious how this remaster will look.

i look forward to it and hope these reports from Bill Hunt’s review will be corrected if true.
Sadly this is not. GAIAM (known to me for Yoga/exercise videos)/Cinedigm released (circa 2017) a poorly done upscale of the DVD they created ....

1683390741706.png

1683390693774.png

I purchased it for far less than other retailer are asking from Hamilton Books (no longer available) -

This somewhat amusing unboxing video just shows the contents

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Does anyone know where we could send an email about this?
If enough of us send one (I see many cancel pre-orders at the other forum), something may happen about this.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Glad I haven’t bought it yet. Two discs I really wanted, there is something wrong with them,..SING 2 3D and this one…rats!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Cancelled my order with the hope Warner makes good on this if the disc is indeed poorly encoded/mastered.

Should have let the Warner Archive team handle this one.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Does anyone know where we could send an email about this?
If enough of us send one (I see many cancel pre-orders at the other forum), something may happen about this.
What would you desire to occur, and what might an email tell whomever received it?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
A recall of course.
A polite email about the DNR and high compression that doesn't do justice to these animation films, wouldn't do any harm I should think.
Possibly a personal letter to David Zazlov is in order. He may not yet have had time to review his copy. You may end up with an offer to take over QC for all studio home video releases.

Problem solved.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Regarding the 1941-1943 Superman, was there another DVD release besides the 2000 Image release?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Regarding the 1941-1943 Superman, was there another DVD release besides the 2000 Image release?

They were included as bonus features in standard definition on the circa 2006 Warner DVD releases of Superman: The Movie and Superman II, and those bonus features carried over to the Blu-ray releases several years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks