What's new

Why are my Alerts being Blocked with Ads ?? (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
All of a sudden when I go to check my Alerts Ads pop on and Block them. :( Any one else having this problem ?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I have been seeing that for the past year sometimes when I use the search function. And I, also, see it today in the alerts section, in the same top right area as search.

I click on the 'x' in the corner and report the ad for "covering content". The ad goes away but a white box appears and it is still covering the area, I want to see!

If I see political ads, I click on the 'x' and report them too. Yesterday there was a political ad on the site that did not have the reporting 'x'. Insidious.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Dave, have you just fixed this problem.? A little earlier I made the screenshots, below, before logging in. After logging in I did not see the blocking ads. I had to go away. And before logging in, I still am not seeing them. or now that I am logged in. Maybe the problem ads pop up at certain times?? Yesterday the ads were persistent even when logged in.

Ads blockings search engine:
Screenshot 2021-08-09 064340.jpg

Ads blocking view of a zoomed picture:
Screenshot 2021-08-09 063831.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-09 064019.jpg

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The blocking ads are back!! Happens when you enlarge a picture. Logged in or not logged in.
Screenshot 2021-08-09 080901.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-09 081045.jpg

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dave, have you just fixed this problem.? A little earlier I made the screenshots, below, before logging in. After logging in I did not see the blocking ads. I had to go away. And before logging in, I still am not seeing them. or now that I am logged in. Maybe the problem ads pop up at certain times?? Yesterday the ads were persistent even when logged in.

Ads blockings search engine: View attachment 108075

Ads blocking view of a zoomed picture:
View attachment 108076

View attachment 108077
Bob,

These ads at the bottom don't show up when you're logged in. Are you browsing as a guest/not signed in perhaps?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Right, the ads on the bottom are not there if logged in. But non-member visitors are not going to be impressed or drawn to ads that block their view. It's dumb. In the past you could click them away. But now. if you click the ads away, a white block appears and then a new ad appears in its' place.

My main complaint, is the ads that cover/block the search drop down box and cover zoomed pictures. That happens logged in or not. If you report the ad blocking the search box, for 'covering content', the ad goes but a white square appears still blocking the search drop-down. As I said before maybe it's a time of day thing, because it does not happen all the time.

Dave, how are you doing with the
wide-screen avatars?
330534wide.jpg

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Right, the ads on the bottom are not there if logged in. But non-member visitors are not going to be impressed or drawn to ads that block their view. It's dumb. In the past you could click them away. But now. if you click the ads away, a white block appears and then a new ad appears in its' place.

My main complaint, is the ads that cover/block the search drop down box and cover zoomed pictures. That happens logged in or not. If you report the ad blocking the search box, for 'covering content', the ad goes but a white square appears still blocking the search drop-down. As I said before maybe it's a time of day thing, because it does not happen all the time.

Dave, how are you doing with the
wide-screen avatars?
View attachment 111902
Thanks Bob. I am working on the ad issues right now - please stay tuned.

We have continued to struggle with widescreen avatars unfortunately. XenForo made this very hard in the new version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.