What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Why Movies Don't "Look Right" (Roger Ebert Explains) (1 Viewer)

Brian Sheffield

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by SWFF

With my theater, I suspec,t it's a money thing. They're not making enough on 2D showings, so, they'll just kill some of them and replace 'em with 3D only showings. Yet, KUNG FU PANDA got 2D as well. Don't know how they pick and choose which ones to only give the 3D showings, too. Would love to see TRANSFORMERS next week, but, well, we'll see what they do. The only other theater is at the mall, 30 minutes away, and those days are gone when I'd travel a half hour just to see a movie.

Kung Fu Panda was most likely given a 2D screen because it is a film that skews young. Many small children, less than 7, will not put up with 3d glasses. They are catering to families with young kids.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Bingo. I dread Harry Potter in 3D, because frankly, it's a film that is made using a lot of dark colors and shadow; I can't imagine how dark/murky this thing would look under 3D glasses. Give me 2D ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks