What's new
World Wide Stereo

Will passing HDMI signal through a 12-year old unit like Pioneer VSX-74TXVi degrade resolution? (1 Viewer)

sealrock

Auditioning
Real Name
Clayton
I bought a Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi for very cheap. I am passing DVD, TiVo, and an Amazon Fire stick through it. I'm not clear if the HDMI signal just passes directly through the unit and arrives at the TV same quality, or if there is some processing. Without going into detail, I got the impression that it may be limited to 720p and/or 1080i but not 1080p? If anyone knows how this works and could give any insight, it would be much appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I had a Pioneer Elite 94TXH, which was a slightly older model, and it would pass 1080p video with no issues. It would not handle 4K video, obviously. It would also convert analog video to 1080p via the HDMI output, which was a very useful feature at the time I owned the unit. You should be fine with your model until you upgrade to 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks