What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

With My Mac, How Can I Use a picture from Photos and post it in a thread? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Drag photo from Photos to copy to your desktop. Then post that copied photo into the forum post. (Then delete that desktop copy.)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just highlight the picture you want in photos, hit command c, switch to the browser window, command v

No need to export first

upload_2018-1-30_23-35-32.png

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had been doing just that, but with the image in the viewer window. I tried doing it with the image thumbnail window. Command-C and Command-V. Nothing is pasted. Then I right-clicked, selected Edit with Grab, copy and pasted from Grab. Pictures appear in the new thread box, but when posted, they are gone.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just highlight the picture you want in photos, hit command c, switch to the browser window, command v

No need to export first

View attachment 43577
I ended up doing the drag to desktop, upload to my media, then inserting the media into the post. Quite a few more steps then you take. I wonder why you can do the short way and I can’t.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yeah, I use Safari and never saw that trick Sam described work.

Meant to check again, but haven’t been on desktop today.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
upload_2018-2-3_10-42-43.png

I did this using Chrome. Copy from Photos and post directly into the reply box. The caption for this photo is "Why doesn't this work in Safari!"

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
For anyone that is serious about maintaining control and having a good longterm backup for their photos, I highly recommend a separate hosting service. There have been some free ones but they've all proven unreliable in the longterm Photobucket is one recent example, after years of allowing impeded photos Photobucket changed its corporate mind and broke thousands of links in forums across the web (probably more like millions of links) unless each user gave them money.

I use SmugMug to host my photos. Hosting photos and videos is their only business. It's not free, but the basic account is only $3.99/mo (when paid yearly). Here's a breakdown of SmugMug's pricing levels:

https://www.smugmug.com/plans

If anyone wishes to sign up for SmugMug, if you use my referral link below you will save 20% off your first order. I also get a credit that I can use toward my next renewal.

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=uhFOVfz2yBC6c

But getting the credit is NOT the reason I'm recommending SmugMug. SmugMug is an awesome photo/video hosting service. Although I had some issues with the service a few years ago, it has proven extremely stable and user friendly since then. I'll have a SmugMug account until the day I'm gone.

Mark

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Curious to see if it works on Safari/iPad:

OK - tried copy/paste - no. Works fine to Twitter (Tweetbot). I guess I’ll try Chrome.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
8ECBA700-9C18-495A-ABAE-B93F7B873FC0.jpeg
From Chrome - copy/paste doesn’t work, but “upload a file” works fine. (One of our two schnauzers - Max - he had his 5th birthday yesterday)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarinyanaka
Recent bookmarks