What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

With Timeless not being renewed (1 Viewer)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Sorry to learn today that Timeless is not getting a second season unless it can be picked up elsewhere. Does that mean the series might appear on bluray/DVD anytime soon? Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Totally sucks that it isn't getting renewed. I enjoyed it once it really got going. I haven't seen anything about a Blu-ray set being released.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
While the OP did ask about a BR/DVD release, in this section of the forum I expected that the content of this thread was going to be related to the *label* "Timeless" (now affiliated with Shout!).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
IIRC, this show is owned/produced by Sony.

It would be highly dependent on whether Sony considers it viable to release. It is anybody's guess whether this show will ever be released as dvd or dvd-mod. Sony has had a lousy track record in releasing current tv shows on dvd (or bluray).

In terms of a possible bluray release, it would probably be dependent on whether Sony considers Timeless to be "sci fi" enough with enough paying customers in the first week/month.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I don't see this being much of a seller via Blu but I could see it getting dumped into Crackle or similar streaming apps.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I wouldn't be surprised if it was released on DVD. I've seen several one-season new shows, usually with "complete series" labels. And because it was probably shot digital, there are no scans to make so it can be sent directly to disk with whatever compression is done on DVD releases. No big investment required.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks