What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Witness (1985) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71qI0ZtOTSL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Even when it’s discounted that’s quite a lot of money. For now, my iTunes 4K digital that I bought for $4.99 will have to do. Perhaps a possible sales candidate down the road. It’s a shame that Paramount didn’t release this themselves instead of some other titles they released on 4K/UHD.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Even when it’s discounted that’s quite a lot of money. For now, my iTunes 4K digital that I bought for $4.99 will have to do. Perhaps a possible sales candidate down the road. It’s a shame that Paramount didn’t release this themselves instead of some other titles they released on 4K/UHD.
I agree - the Arrow Video Limited Edition box sets are expensive and often filled with bits and pieces, which I'm not interested in. However, Arrow Video sometimes release a stand-alone 4K UHD a year or two later, more often in their UK division.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
It might be worth that price if the listing is accurate and it includes the "original" stereo track. That's been missing from all home video releases ever since it was remixed into 5.1 for the DVD.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It might be worth that price if the listing is accurate and it includes the "original" stereo track. That's been missing from all home video releases ever since it was remixed into 5.1 for the DVD.
According to the Amazon listing, the original 2.0 is there. Arrow's usually good with that.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yes, I should've mentioned that in my previous post. Arrow's press release says:

• Original lossless 2.0 stereo audio
  • Optional 5.1 Dts-hd Master Audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by film historian Jarret Gahan
  • Brand new video interview with cinematographer John Seale
  • Brand new visual essay on the film's performances by film journalist Staci Layne Wilson
  • Vintage 1985 interview in which Harrison Ford discusses Witness with critic Bobbie Wygant
  • Between Two Worlds - five-part archival documentary on the making of the film, featuring interviews with Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis, Peter Weir, John Seale, producer Edward S. Feldman, and actors Lukas Haas, Patti LuPone and Viggo Mortensen
  • A Conversation with Peter Weir - archival interview with the film's director
  • Two vintage Epk featurettes
  • Deleted scene from the network Tv version of the film
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
  • Limited edition 60-page perfect bound booklet illustrated by Tommy Pocket, featuring new writing on the film by Dennis Capicik, Martyn Conterio, John Harrison and Amanda Reyes
  • Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tommy Pocket
  • Six double-sided collector's postcards

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Good price but I don't belong to Apple world.
You don't need to belong to the Apple world -- I don't. The Apple TV app is available for Roku streaming devices, and you can download the iTunes app to a Windows device in order to purchase the titles. I do own an Apple TV 4K and iPad, but neither gets used much. All our displays have Roku streaming devices of one type or another.

Even if you are not part of the Apple ecosystem, buying films through iTunes is still a great deal. They usually have the best prices, and any films purchased in HD get free upgrades if the service ends up getting the title in 4K. I'm not an Apple person, but still buy almost all my digital copes through them (the rest usually are through sales on FanFlix).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I added Amazon preorder link to the Limited Edition Blu-ray release

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Can someone explain why they wouldn't have just included the Blu-ray with the 4K? And why they think charging 49.98 for a Blu-ray is acceptable?
Yes, it's called corporate greed! They know they can get away with it because pricing will not go down because its a niche market now.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Can someone explain why they wouldn't have just included the Blu-ray with the 4K? And why they think charging 49.98 for a Blu-ray is acceptable?
Well, as you say over there, "It's business". As the hoi polloi no longer are purchasing physical media, boutique labels are making luxury packages aimed at the collector, to keep themselves going. There are obviously enough collectors around to sell 4K UHD separately from blu-rays. Arrow Video is doing extremely well, to the extent that they have subsequently released a huge amount of their blu-ray Limited Edition blu-ray sets as identical Limited Edition 4K UHD sets. And people buy them. When it comes to new titles, Arrow Arrow Video released Limited Editions of The Last Emperor both on blu-ray and 4K UHD. The 4K UHD sold out immediately.

Over in the UK, Arrow Video just released Bruce Lee sets in separate 4K UHD and blu-ray editions. These are FAR superior to the Criterion Bruce Lee blu-ray sets. The retail price was set at £160 ($200). Shipping extra. They have both sold out within two weeks. And get this: Arrow made a separate 4K UHD Limited Edition set with a different cover, only available on their website. Nothing else, just the cover. You know what? Sold out on pre-order!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DiabolikDVD has it available for pre-order for $20 less than Amazon:

Amazon hasn't discounted their pricing yet. I suspect that it will be about $40.00 before release date which makes it more competitive to DiabolikDVD's pricing to those of us in the States that have Amazon Prime with free shipping. State taxes are added, but I can use Amazon Bonus points or even an Amazon Gift Card to lower the final purchase price even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks