What's new

WMV-10 High Def Compatible with Xbox 360? (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I bet the sample movies on the 360 harddrive are in VC-1/WM9/WMV-10 format, so I think so.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
That would certainly be slick as I've heard great things about the format and the titles that are available.

What's that smell? I think it's my credit card heating up. ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
That codec is actually one of three provisional codecs available on both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD (mpeg-2 & 4 are the others) so you'll be seeing it on PS3 as well. But I guess you were interested in purchasing DVDs encoded entirely in VC-1, like the ones listed here.

Not sure if it'll play those. : Good news is that if you have MS Windows MCE you can stream whatever videos you want to your 360, which will then play them on your HD display.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Stop it! Stop making me inch closer to the door on THAT day!

Truthfully, all this talk about high def material (I have 2 HDTVs and not nearly enough content to satisfy me) makes me think twice about playing the waiting game on the 360.

Kami

Screenwriter
Well, the material on the 360's hard drive is Windows Media format (not sure if its WM9 or WM10, but I would guess it supports both). The reason I know this is cause in the Titanic video (about 15 mins long) James Cameron mentions it's all in Windows Media and there's about 10 or so minutes of Titanic clips in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks