What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sony brings six films from its vaults, presented on 4K UHD Blu-ray for the first time, in their Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Volume 4.

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 2.00:1
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating: Not Rated

Run Time:
Package Includes: UHD, Blu-ray, Digital Copy, Other

Case Type: Large box with fold out flaps holding 3 UHD keepcases with slipcovers per side

Disc Type: UHD
Region: All

Release Date: 02/13/2024
MSRP: $215.99

The Production: 4/5
As with past volumes, Sony has included six eclectic and classic films from various decades that share a common theme. For this fourth volume of their Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
While it may not have constituted a complete series, Sony did manage to include a complete "mini" series of "From Here to Eternity" on their previous Columbia Classics volume.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Funny Girl is in need of a 4K disc. While there is a 4K streaming version it has no HDR and only 5.1 sound. No Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos. The Big Chill is the same . I am sure there are many early 4K streamers in need of an upgrade. Any music heavy soundtracks would benefit especially if they have a music only option.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Funny Girl is in need of a 4K disc. While there is a 4K streaming version it has no HDR and only 5.1 sound. No Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos. The Big Chill is the same . I am sure there are many early 4K streamers in need of an upgrade. Any music heavy soundtracks would benefit especially if they have a music only option.
Silverado has been a popular requested title for Sony to release on 4K.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
MacKenna’s Gold?

1715119561827.png

1715119616401.png

1715119705560.png

1715119728022.png

John Skoda

Second Unit
This is the first one of these boxes I'm not getting. It's the older films that are the draw for me, and I think the Criterion HIS GIRL FRIDAY blu-ray covers that one.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Sony's Ebay store, "Please Rewind", currently has Volume 4 for $135. In addition there is a $10 off coupon added when you place in cart so $125 plus tax. They had 10 sold 4 and so 6 left as of this writing.
Deal ether sold out or expired. The Sony Ebay site is now selling the set for $149 less $12 off when in basket or $137.
I am still waiting for a more reasonable price. If I miss out I already have the 5 films I want in the set as 4K digital. I will have to settle for that. The other alternative is to buy it used. Doesn't matter if the used set comes without the digital codes as I said I have most already. Still I find it hard to spend as much or more than I paid for new sets of previous volumes for this one used. I think it will come down to an impulse buy and so far I haven't had the impulse to pull the trigger.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Deal ether sold out or expired. The Sony Ebay site is now selling the set for $149 less $12 off when in basket or $137.
I am still waiting for a more reasonable price. If I miss out I already have the 5 films I want in the set as 4K digital. I will have to settle for that. The other alternative is to buy it used. Doesn't matter if the used set comes without the digital codes as I said I have most already. Still I find it hard to spend as much or more than I paid for new sets of previous volumes for this one used. I think it will come down to an impulse buy and so far I haven't had the impulse to pull the trigger.
Amazon temporarily dropped the pricing to $130 on Thursday and I still didn't pull the trigger because I think it's going to drop further down the road. I'm not in a hurry to purchase this set.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Amazon temporarily dropped the pricing to $130 on Thursday and I still didn't pull the trigger because I think it's going to drop further down the road. I'm not in a hurry to purchase this set.
I picked it up during the last Target B2G1 sales along with Bonanza Complete DVD and Smallville complete Blu-ray. There a was a %15 off over $X and I had Gift cards. I think it worked out to about $130... plus I received a bonus giftcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks