What's new

Restored "The Searchers" in 70mm (1 Viewer)

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I’ve grown to love the Searchers as perhaps the best western ever produced. But with my visual acuity at 73 being poor and I’m not in a place to update to 4K, the 2006 Blu-ray still looks great on my 60inch screen.
The emotional power of The Searchers transcends formats.

Howard Tom

Agent
Real Name
Howard Tom
The In70mm website hosts four images from the new restoration for those who want to do a comparison. Though the two captures from the opening titles sequence have already been posted here, these two are also included:

the_searchers_demo_00109762_3_final_small.jpg

the_searchers_demo_00361271_3_final_small.jpg

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The In70mm website hosts four images from the new restoration for those who want to do a comparison. Though the two captures from the opening titles sequence have already been posted here, these two are also included:

View attachment 221834

View attachment 221835
Don’t look awful. Where’s the yaller? Kinda looks like what it should look like. Not see’n any problem with the negative. Must’ve used the other one.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

Might be nice to post a link to the website when we use their pictures:

The posted jpgs are quite helpful and remind me that I need to keep an eye out for theatrical screenings for The Searchers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks