What's new

Pre-Order FoxFire (1955) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
213273_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
My copy of Foxfire arrived today and the sound and picture are excellent. The disc has a 2.00 AR with a nice clean and sharp Technicolor look (this was the last U.S. film shot with the three-strip Technicolor camera). There are trailers for it and other Jeff Chandler/Jane Russell titles and also an audio commentary by "film historian Kat Ellinger". If you like this film, you won't be disappointed by the Kino Blu-ray.

Poster%20-%20Foxfire%20(1955)_10.jpg

Last edited:

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I ordered it during the sale that ended on the 10th, because the Kino insider said pre-orders were 40% off. I also pre-ordered Female on the Beach and the already-released A Man Alone. I think they have not shipped yet, but that's OK.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched this disc last night. I'm very pleased. The film has been hard to access for a long time and I've never had a chance to get to know the film really well.

I find Foxfire to be a good companion piece to Designing Woman, also recently released on Blu-ray disc. Both films are about two people who marry in haste and who quickly learn they have little in common. In both films the couples decide the marriage is worth saving and agree to make adjustments to achieve that.

Although - please forgive an ungentlemanly remark - Jane Russell's rear end was getting big and needed help from the costume designer, I think she looks absolutely marvellous in Foxfire. The cinematographer was William Daniels and this may have had something to do with it. (Mara Corday also looks very good)

The title song was written by Henry Mancini and Jeff Chandler who were friends. Foxfire must be one of the first films where Henry Mancini got a screen credit.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
[QUOTE="Vic Pardo, post: 4683663, member: 387918"
I didn't know about the Blu-ray. Well worth getting.[/QUOTE]

It's a good disc and well worth buying. I'm more than satisfied I got value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks