What's new

Pre-Order Mary Queen of Scots (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Unknown.jpeg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Okay, somebody, here is your perfect opportunity to release the 1971 Universal film with Vanessa Redgrave and a gorgeous John Barry score.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, somebody, here is your perfect opportunity to release the 1971 Universal film with Vanessa Redgrave and a gorgeous John Barry score.
I agree with you, but I don't know if Universal has the rights to that film as it does with this upcoming title. The 1971 film was a joint production venture with Hal Wallis Productions. Right now, Kino has been releasing some Hal Wallis films. Paramount has several Hall Wallis titles.

Reactions: PMF

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I agree with you, but I don't know if Universal has the rights to that film as it does with this upcoming title. The 1971 film was a joint production venture with Hal Wallis Productions. Right now, Kino has been releasing some Hal Wallis films. Paramount has several Hall Wallis titles.

Yes, I think that Kino is the best prospect for this, as they have already announced ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS, also Universal/Hal Wallis. For some reason I always think of these two films as a pair.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Yes, I think that Kino is the best prospect for this, as they have already announced ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS, also Universal/Hal Wallis. For some reason I always think of these two films as a pair.

"Anne" is being released by Twilight Time. Hopefully "Mary, Queen of Scots" will follow.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
They WERE paired in the DVD set that I have on my shelf.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
This film was one of the major disappointments in my 2018 film going. Bloated and dull (I actually had a hard time staying awake) and its revisionist history put me off. The two central performances by Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie are excellent so if you're into acting, it's worth checking out but as cinema, it's a slog.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This film was one of the major disappointments in my 2018 film going. Bloated and dull (I actually had a hard time staying awake) and its revisionist history put me off. The two central performances by Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie are excellent so if you're into acting, it's worth checking out but as cinema, it's a slog.

I love the music underscore by Max Richter. Don't care to watch the movie (time grows short...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks