Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

A Dog's Purpose Blu-ray Review

dogpurposetop-1024x683.jpg

Man’s best friend? There won’t be any doubts about who occupies that position in Lasse Hallström’s version of the best-selling book A Dog’s Purpose.

[review]
Read more.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, Matt!

Thanks for the review! Peggy got an early promotional copy of the film which we'll be spinning up this weekend.

This is a special film for me. Loved the book. Loved the movie. Cameron did an amazing job getting "inside the head of dogs" and trying to explain to us humans why dogs do so many of the things-they-do.

One niggling point. Ethan's dog Bailey is a Golden Retriever. That's important to me as I enjoyed my copy of Cameron's book with my own Golden, Ike:

mike%2Bike%2Breading%2Bcameron.jpg

And, here's a bit of Josh Gad's superb work on this film:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I called him a red retriever in the review because that's what he was called in one of the bonus features. I love dogs, but I barely know one breed from another and certainly can't debate them.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Somehow I missed this in theaters. I absolute LOVED the book and will be picking this up for sure.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I called him a red retriever in the review because that's what he was called in one of the bonus features.

I saw that in the bonus features last night...and in the feature film itself, too! Come to find out (thank you, Google!) that some breeders are breeding specifically to bring out the reddish color in their dogs and have taken to referring to them as "red (Golden) retrievers."

You learn something new every day and that's my new thing today! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks