What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Adrian Lyne’s Flashdance opened on April 15, 1983, to generally disastrous reviews. It was based upon’
the life of Maureen Marder, construction worker / stripper.Fortunately, for me, I’d not read them. Saw it in a theater, and loved it.
A 20 year-old young woman, stuck in a decaying Pittsburgh (Wayne, Scott and Dietrich had left town long before),
wanting nothing but to dance, and get out of the mills.
And everything goes wrong for her.
Jennifer Beals, in her first starring role is terrific, and remains so to this day, as the film stands the test of time beautifully.
I noted that the date of birth for her character, Alex Owens, as seen on her application form, is her own December 19, 1963.
Music composed by Giorgio Moroder, who had previously scored a silent film;
Beautifully cut;
Great cinematography.
Just a terrific piece of entertainment.
How does it look and sound on Paramount’s new Blu-ray?
Very nice. No dirt. No registration or fade issues. Nice black levels, and shadow...

Continue reading...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sorry for the confusion as Kevin added RAH's review to Facebook and our Portal Page. I'm locking this thread and deleting prior posts questioning the need for this duplicate post. Please, continue discussion of "Flashdance" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks