What's new
World Wide Stereo

Best way to hang a fixed projector screen without making any holes in the wall (2 Viewers)

ng4ever

Agent
Real Name
Tim
Well, there's no doubt of that... but then you threw in that sticky/tricky requirement that makes installation an essential non-starter... unless you go w/ some kinda (largely) fixed stand instead, which is basically what I did -- although my screen/stand is portable (enough), I just leave it fixed in my current, makeshift setup... and it's quite inexpensive, especially compared to all the discussed (non-DIY) options.

_Man_
What kind of stand do you use?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
What kind of stand do you use?

An earlier version of this Elite Yardmaster 2 w/out the additional, diagonal rear bracing -- again, I'm not 100% sure if they can be left out or removed for this newer version, but probably so.

At least in my older version, the long-ish feet on both the front and rear sides can be/stay folded up toward the stand (and that seems to still be the case for this newer version) -- and I just keep the rear folded up to place the stand up against the wall. Depending on how your wall space is, you might want to use some double-sided adhesive or whatever other additional support/etc to help keep it reliably in place. The whole thing is quite lightweight, and you just have to make sure the protuding front feet is not a problem for your setup/environment and foot traffic, etc...

And if you find a better solution later, well, this can still serve as a worthwhile portable stand for use outside your HT if/whenever you might want/need such... and not have spent a ton for that...

_Man_

Last edited:

ng4ever

Agent
Real Name
Tim
There is now an electric tension floor screen that can be placed directly on the floor, no drilling required, and saves as much space as a drop screen.
You can search the VIVIDSTORM screen, which is more expensive than the average screen, but is worth it.

I heard good and bad things about them. Which is it? Do you own one?

Is it really tension and stays tension even after having it lift down and back up after a lot of times ? 100+ or even 1000+

Has any site done a review ?

The biggest disadvantage of see is it is around 70 pounds :eek:

I doubt anyone will reply back :( Oh well.

Also sorry will it move with a ceiling fan on max if near it ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks