What's new

Classic Films on the Big Screen in New York (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
(I hope Ron & Parker will forgive this little PR message)

Back for our third big year!

The Spring 2005 season of Big Screen Classics begins this Saturday March 12 at the historic Lafayette Theatre in Suffern, NY with the western favorite, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN. Showtime is 11:30am - doors open at 11 - so come early and hear Jeff Barker playing the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ for your pre-show enjoyment.

The Lafayette is a restored 1000-seat neighborhood movie palace in downtown Suffern, New York - an easy ride from anywhere in the New York/New Jersey area. First opened in 1924, the Lafayette has been lovingly restored and features modern projection and sound equipment. All films are presented in 35mm.

Here is the lineup:

March 12 - THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN
March 19 - Orson Welles’ TOUCH OF EVIL
March 26 - Irving Berlin’s EASTER PARADE
April 2 - Stanley Kubrick’s DR. STRANGELOVE or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
April 16 - CAPTAIN BLOOD
April 23 - Alfred Hitchcock’s SUSPICION
April 30 - GODZILLA (Gojira) - The original, uncut, Japanese-language version!
May 7 - SOMEWHERE IN TIME
May 14 - Frank Capra’s LOST HORIZON
May 21 - Frank Tashlin’s WHO’S MINDING THE STORE? starring Jerry Lewis
May 28 - THE GLENN MILLER STORY
June 4 - FOOTLIGHT PARADE
June 11 - THE LOONEY TUNES & THREE STOOGES EXTRAVAGANZA
June 18 - YANKEE DOODLE DANDY

Click here: BIG SCREEN WEBSITE for further information.

We also have an upcoming silent film festival, THE SOUNDS OF SILENTS, on April 8-9-10, 2005. We will be featuring nine incredible programs of silent features and short subjects, and all will show with live musical accompaniment. Performers include DENNIS JAMES, ROBERT ISRAEL, THE MONT ALTO MOTION PICTURE ORCHESTRA, JEFF BARKER, MICHAEL HOLMES, DONALD SOSIN, JOHN BARATTA, and BEN MODEL. The complete schedule of films and performers will be announced on Saturday.

Hope to see you there. Any Home Theatre Forum member who can make it to a show is invited to take a tour of the projection booth - just let me know.

Remember, "You get more out of life when you go out to a movie."

Peter Apruzzese
Director of Film Programming
Big Screen Classics at the Lafayette Theatre

George See

Second Unit
If only I didn't work saturdays i'm only about an hour away and would love to see some of these on the big screen.

dave wright

Agent
Real Name
Dave Wright
The big screen classics series at The Lafayette is a movie going experience second to none,i plan to make my way down at least 5 or 6 times this spring.(and i might take you up on your kind offer pete)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks