What's new

ClassicFlix RARE TELEVISION Thread (1 Viewer)

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
CFrareTV.jpg

With countless rare and almost never seen classic TV shows unavailable, we've started a new RARE TELEVISION line to focus exclusively on such properties (1940s - 1960s) and have several titles lined up for 2023.

Since many broader discussions regarding the line were showing up in different places, we've started this dedicated thread which will serve to centralize all things regarding our new line.

Cat #​
Cover​
Title​
Year​
# of Ep.​
Format​
Street Date​
1​
21 Beacon Street - The Complete Series
1959​
13​
DVD​
06/27/23​
World of Giants - The Complete Series
1959​
13​
Blu-ray & DVD​
10/24/23​

Last edited:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Thanks for creating this new thread, David. Looking forward to everything you guys release!!!
You're welcome and thanks for your continued support. Fans like you buying and talking up classic TV is what keeps new releases coming!

Other labels have completely abandoned all rare TV releases because the up front cost is exponentially greater than feature films, but we're committed to this line and hope to build a strong following.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
You're welcome and thanks for your continued support. Fans like you buying and talking up classic TV is what keeps new releases coming!

Other labels have completely abandoned all rare TV releases because the up front cost is exponentially greater than feature films, but we're committed to this line and hope to build a strong following.

- David
So wish you could get Jeff's Collie --- great show just sitting there - also wish you could re-issue Sgt Preston sets that Critics Choice had put out

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

- David
Now that's what I call fast service David!!

I'd like to post a full list here of everything I'm looking for in rare television. One moment please.
Just kidding

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I should add, for those who are able, purchasing titles directly on our website makes a huge difference in terms of available capital for future releases because wide distribution costs money and purchases made directly on our site helps us avoid paying those distribution costs.

For all that can we appreciate it and you should also know that we usually ship out titles a week or two before street date and also are never out of stock for new titles, unlike third-party online retailers who will often under-order.

- David

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I should add, for those who are able, purchasing titles directly on our website makes a huge difference in terms of available capital for future releases because wide distribution costs money and purchases made directly on our site helps us avoid paying those distribution costs.

For all that can we appreciate it and you should also know that we usually ship out titles a week or two before street date and also are never out of stock for new titles, unlike third-party online retailers who will often under-order.

- David

I try to always do that anyhow, but thanks for sharing the importance of buying direct from you folk.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for starting this thread. While I will still continue to check out the other thread as well, I’m a TV guy first and movies second. So having this one dedicated to the new TV product line is perfect. Along with 21 Beacon Street, I look forward to seeing all the upcoming TV series announcements.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
View attachment 181846

With countless rare and almost never seen classic TV shows unavailable, we've started a new RARE TELEVISION line to focus exclusively on such properties (1940s - 1960s) and have several titles lined up for 2023.

Since many broader discussions regarding the line were showing up in different places, we've started this dedicated thread which will serve to centralize all things regarding our new line.

Cat #​
Cover​
Title​
Year​
# of Ep.​
Format​
Street Date​
1​
21 Beacon Street - The Complete Series
1959​
13​
DVD​
06/27/23​

I may get that sometime in the future-- with just 11 B/W outings on NBC from July to Sept. 1959 (and all half-hours), it should be pretty easy to enjoy.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Great news David, isnt the Public Defender series a part of this new venture? Great series by the way!!
No, PUBLIC DEFENDER was first released in single season sets in 2019 as part of our Silver Series line. Last year it was released on the Silver Series line in a complete series.

When we run out of the current stock of PUBLIC DEFENDER, we will likely re-package it and fold it into the RARE TELEVISION line, keeping our Silver Series only for rare features and shorts, not TV.

To better explain the label and keep up with all goings on at ClassicFlix you can check out our main ClassicFlix thread.

Thanks!

- David

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
No, PUBLIC DEFENDER was first released in single season sets in 2019 as part of our Silver Series line. Last year it was released on the Silver Series line in a complete series.

When we run out of the current stock of PUBLIC DEFENDER, we will likely re-package it and fold it into the RARE TELEVISION line, keeping our Silver Series only for rare features and shorts, not TV.

To better explain the label and keep up with all goings on at ClassicFlix you can check out our main ClassicFlix thread.

Thanks!

- David
Thanks David!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks