What's new

Pre-Order Columbo: The 1970s (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71iQX993-LL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well, so much for their pledge to lower the price after you-know-what.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Well, so much for their pledge to lower the price after you-know-what.
Where was that said?

Edit: Kino's representative at another forum stated "original SRP was $179.95, we dropped it to $149.95 after the removal of the new extras."

So this price reflects that and seems like a reasonable reduction to me. Also worth noting that preorders are marked down to $104.96 right now on Kino's own storefront (not that I'm encouraging anyone to not buy from the Amazon link in the first post and support the HTF, I'm just discussing the pricing of the set itself after what went on with the lineup of bonus content that originally had been announced).

Last edited:

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The $105 price was what I was going by. Wrongly in this instance but that was what I was recalling when I then saw $150 out of the blue since my mind was thinking the reduction was going to be $150 to $105.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When pre-order links first appear on Amazon, they usually are listed with the MSRP without any type of discount. In time, the MSRP will be discounted down. The discount varies depending on Amazon's algorithm, but much of the time the discount is usually between 25-35%. If Amazon discounts this boxset by 30%, the sale price will be $104.97 which is in line with the sale price on Kino's site.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One more word of caution, Amazon's discount pricing can be unpredictable due to the algorithm(s) they utilized. I can see this boxset being discounted 40%, but I can also see it discounted as little as 10%.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
COLUMBO: THE 1970s
5-Disc Blu-ray Collection
NEW STREET DATE: December 19, 2023​

5486766e-c9f3-48ac-9651-85e046f6c3d7.jpg

Columbo: The 1970s (Seasons 1-7, 1968-1978) 5 Discs
Directors: Richard Irving, Steven Spielberg, Bernard Kowalski, Jack Smight, Hy Averback, Edward M. Abroms, Norman Lloyd, Peter Falk, Nicholas Colasanto, Boris Sagal, Jeremy Kagan, Richard Quine, Robert Butler, Jeannot Szwarc, Leo Penn, Alf Kjellin, Ben Gazzara, Harvey Hart, Ted Post, Patrick McGoohan, Robert Douglas, Sam Wanamaker, James Frawley, Jonathan Demme

Starring: Peter Falk, Gene Barry, Jack Cassidy, Robert Culp, John Cassavetes, Donald Pleasence, Vincent Price, Ray Milland, Janet Leigh, Patrick McGoohan, Leonard Nimoy, Johnny Cash, Dick Van Dyke, William Shatner

Available on Blu-ray 12/19

Columbo is the landmark series that set the standard for the murder mystery genre.

Remastered in 4K by Universal, Columbo: The 1970s includes the first seven seasons of this enduring classic on Blu-ray! Starring Peter Falk in his four-time Emmy-winning role as the cigar-chomping, trenchcoat-wearing police lieutenant.

Bonus Features:
REMASTERED IN 4K BY UNIVERSAL PICTURES
Includes the 1968 Movie-of-the-Week "Prescription: Murder" and the 1971 Pilot "Ransom for a Dead Man"
Shorter 71-Minute Cut of ÉTUDE IN BLACK
Optional Music and Effects Tracks for all Episodes
Episode Guide Booklet
Newly Commissioned Slipcase Cover Illustration by Tony Stella
Optional English Subtitles​

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Please note the new street date in the above announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pmiller27
Recent bookmarks