What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dawson’s Creek complete series coming to Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
I hope shout factory might look into young americans on tsod,it would be great.stars kate bosworth,ian solmerhalder,it would be great,bonus features includes,interviews with the cast,the pilot episode.and also a spinoff episode of dawson's creek would be great.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
That is a great question-- as it is not out yet (and will not be till 12/6, according to that Amazon entry), we will have to wait to find out.
Would they rerelease it on tsod,with the correct theme song.it would be great.and all of the music would be great.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dawson's Creek: The Complete Series https://a.co/d/9ptjOhy

Does anyone know if the discs are packaged better than the DVD complete series 24 disc stack spindle?
Mill Creek's Blu packaging has never been horrible. It's either been individual season cases with two discs stacked on the hub, or later, a couple of big multi-disc cases where each disc has its own "page" in the case.. But never the all discs on spindle configuration that I know of.

As for the show, I figure whatever the current streaming configuration is will be what we get. Wrong sounding rerecorded theme song and a bunch of replacement music. But that's what Sony will pay for, so that's what the show has now.

And I realize that sounds negative, but it is what it is because the show was a few years too early for home media to be a consideration when selecting music. However, as long as MC doesn't cram episodes or pull another Jeannie, it should be the best looking physical media presentation the show has ever had.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Would they rerelease it on tsod,with the correct theme song.it would be great.and all of the music would be great.
The theme song is a music rights issue. I don’t Sony will pay Paula Cole the required royalties

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The theme song is a music rights issue. I don’t Sony will pay Paula Cole the required royalties
A version of Paula Cole's I Don't Wanna Wait was used for the latest streaming version of the show (which will probably be used as the basis for this Blu set). Unfortunately, it's a rerecording that sounds all wrong. But it's sort of the correct theme.

Apparently, it wasn't Paula Cole who was the holdup as far as asking for too much money or anything like that. It was whoever holds the rights to the master recording for the original version, as per usual. So, blame WB.

Now, we do still have to see whether this deal is for streaming only, or will cover all future versions of the show across all platforms. And this set will provide the answer.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Amazon listing shows the set is being released by Sony itself, not Shout unless this is an error. 20 discs does seem on the low side for a six year series with three discs a season for most years. Presumably they are not flippers.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Amazon listing shows the set is being released by Sony itself, not Shout unless this is an error. 20 discs does seem on the low side for a six yeat series with three discs a season for most years. Presumably they are not flippers.
Seems like they may be cramming episodes like 6 or 7 per disc

That is a great question-- as it is not out yet (and will not be till 12/6, according to that Amazon entry), we will have to wait to find out.

Right. But I was wondering if there was a way to find that out regarding the spindle. Because I would hope the packaging has been improved

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Amazon listing shows the set is being released by Sony itself, not Shout unless this is an error. 20 discs does seem on the low side for a six year series with three discs a season for most years. Presumably they are not flippers.

Six seasons (at three discs a piece) would be 18 discs, so how would 20 discs be low?

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Six seasons (at three discs a piece) would be 18 discs, so how would 20 discs be low?
It's way cheap the the other tsod complete series box sets from the past,2018,2013 and 2009,respectivly.i was surprised young americans is not on tsod,but there's a possibility.that shout factory might release this 2000 wb family drama.it would be great.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The disk count is similar to a Mill Creek release of a Sony title. That is a lot of 43 minute episodes per disc. Assuming there were 22 episodes a season, for a 3 disc season that is 2 discs with 7 episodes and one disc with 8 episodes. For the 2 seasons that are 4 discs, that is 2 discs with 5 episodes and 2 discs with 6 episodes.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The disk count is similar to a Mill Creek release of a Sony title. That is a lot of 43 minute episodes per disc. Assuming there were 22 episodes a season, for a 3 disc season that is 2 discs with 7 episodes and one disc with 8 episodes. For the 2 seasons that are 4 discs, that is 2 discs with 5 episodes and 2 discs with 6 episodes.

And the simple reason for Cramming like that all comes down to cost, right?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
And the simple reason for Cramming like that all comes down to cost, right?
The question becomes how much of an improvement is it going to be over the DVD with so many episodes crammed in. No mention of music so will this set have the same music replacements as the DVD?

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
The question becomes how much of an improvement is it going to be over the DVD with so many episodes crammed in. No mention of music so will this set have the same music replacements as the DVD?
I don't think so,all the music is included.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Both the DVD and Blu - Ray editions are coming on March 28th.

1678325196675.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks