What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Do your DVD cases get scratched or "beaten up"? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
DVD cases are wierd, they seem to get scratches when they're barely ever touched! :confused:

Another thing I hate is what I started calling the "fog up" phenominon in which the clear plastic on the outside of keep cases starts to become less clear and foggy looking, I have no idea why this happens, oxydation I suppose, but I hate it.

About the dented BoB tin box, why not just beat the dent out from the other side with a small ball pean hammer and then touch up the paint if nessasary?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Brandner

Stunt Coordinator

I thought of that, but it is right on one of the corners, and you can't really get to it from the inside, because of the way the metal is folded around the corners. If only the dent was on the back panel or something. Thanks for the idea, though.

Jeremy

Stunt Coordinator
I keep all of my DVDs in "condoms," as it were. Actually, polybags. This not only reduces shelf-wear but also lowers the discs exposure to the elements (i.e. oxidation).

Like CDs, DVDs are metal discs sheathed in plastic and all plastics are pourous. The less they are exposed to air, the less chance of the metal layers corroding.

You can buy them at Bags Unlimited

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks