What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
The legendary Edward G. Robinson headlines three noirs from the MGM/UA vaults in Volume 17 of Kino’s Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema series. First, Robinson plays a hard-nosed captain of detectives chasing after cop killers and bank robbers in Vice Squad. Next, Robinson is a violent killer who escapes on the eve of his execution and takes hostages in Black Tuesday. Finally, Robinson plays a New Orleans detective trying to get to the bottom of his clarinetist brother-in-law’s strange predicament in Nightmare. All three films are making their Blu-ray debuts in this set, with Vice Squad previously being released on MOD DVD by MGM.

Black Tuesday (1954)

Released: 06 May 1955
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 80 min

Director: Hugo Fregonese
Genre: Crime, Drama, Film-Noir...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thanks for a great review. I just watched Nightmare the other night and very entertained with it. It kept my interest through the whole feature with its twists and turns. Vice Squad is up next.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for this review. I've been waiting for Black Tuesday forever and a day so I'm delighted it's included in this set. Many thanks Kino, many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks