What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
For Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema XVIII, Kino has unearthed three noirs from the Paramount Pictures vaults – each from different studios (Republic Pictures, Filmakers Releasing Organization and Allied Artists) – with two of them making their Blu-ray debuts here. First, Oscar winner Victor McLaglen is a small-time racketeer who finds himself squeezed into a tight spot between his crime partners and his lawyer in City of Shadows. Next, a group of six convicts escape prison and are hunted down by the authorities while trying to recover stolen bank loot in Crashout. Finally, an ex-con goes undercover with the T-men to bust a bootlegger in Finger Man.

City of Shadows (1955)

Released: 02 Jun 1955
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 70 min

Director: William Witney
Genre: Crime, Drama, Film-Noir

Cast: Victor McLaglen, John Baer, Kathleen Crowley...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
This sounds great, but for someone with increasingly limited space, I'm looking at the number of this set, and my eyes are glazing over a bit: 18. I definitely can't get them all, or even most. For anyone who's been following this series, is there one or two sets recommended well above the others?

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
This sounds great, but for someone with increasingly limited space, I'm looking at the number of this set, and my eyes are glazing over a bit: 18. I definitely can't get them all, or even most. For anyone who's been following this series, is there one or two sets recommended well above the others?
I wish I could answer that. For me, it would be more than 1 or 2. I like them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks