What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
My guess is that the extra footage was only in standard definition and Warners didn't feel like spending the extra money to also upgrade that footage to HD.

I think what you just said is about the size of it, when it comes to shows with extra footage.

jofagobeMRV

Auditioning
Real Name
Jorge González
My guess is that the extra footage was only in standard definition and Warners didn't feel like spending the extra money to also upgrade that footage to HD.
Also, from what I remember reading at the time, the HD master was edited by hand from the original negatives, unlike, say, The X-Files (which came to HD later), where much of the process to conform the HD scans to the SD master was automated.

Henry Gondorff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
What a comprehensive and knowledgeable review of one of the greatest creative works ever on television.

“…it now plays like a timeless show set in the 1990s rather than a show from the 1990s.”

Awesome!
So many distinguished actors were guests on the show: Derek Jacobi, David Ogden Stiers, Brian Bedford, Michael Keaton, Patrick Stewart, Jean Smart, Laurie Metcalf, Eva Marie Saint, Brian Cox, etc. Any episode with Gil (the impeccable Edward Hibbert) was a bonus.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
So many distinguished actors were guests on the show: Derek Jacobi, David Ogden Stiers, Brian Bedford, Michael Keaton, Patrick Stewart, Jean Smart, Laurie Metcalf, Eva Marie Saint, Brian Cox, etc. Any episode with Gil (the impeccable Edward Hibbert) was a bonus.
Yes the show with Jacobi- The Show Must Go Off- Frasier and Niles get the idea to produce a one- man play starring him, then they come to realize he is an atrocious actor, so they try to sabotage the play before the curtain goes up. 👍

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Goodness I love that episode. So many outstanding guest stars over the years. If I hadn’t stopped writing where I did this could have turned into a 20 page review, there’s so much gold there.

Henry Gondorff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Goodness I love that episode. So many outstanding guest stars over the years. If I hadn’t stopped writing where I did this could have turned into a 20 page review, there’s so much gold there.
And Patrick MacNee was also in it!

Fan: Hey, Tobor, would you do my kid's birthday party?
Jackson: Here's my card. Travel time is extra and I eat by myself.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The Show Must Go Off is definitely a classic! I still can’t figure out if Jackson’s character is channeling Leonard Nimoy or Patrick Stewart since Stewart is a Shakespearean theater actor slumming it on Star Trek. :)

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I love any episode with Frasier's off and on again agent Bebe.
OIP.jpg

OIP2.jpg

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Yes the shows with Bebe are gems. The season 2 episode Agents In America Part III- she manipulates his radio station into new contract negotiations, then they end up in bed together. The morning after, Frasier and the rest of the family are appalled. Niles tells Frasier “I’m glad to see you’re OK. I thought she would kill after mating.”

Henry Gondorff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
If we start quoting classic Frasier lines, this thread will be endless. But with such an embarrassment of riches . . .

Roz: Oh Frasier, you must have had some girlfriends.

Frasier: Friends, yeah, yeah. Any time they wanted a sensitive shoulder to cry on, until some blond-headed pillar of testosterone would come by and then it was, "Bye Frasier, we can study later." I'd head home to Niles and we'd put on "The Brandenburg Concertos" and play air violin.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
If we start quoting classic Frasier lines, this thread will be endless. But with such an embarrassment of riches . . .

Roz: Oh Frasier, you must have had some girlfriends.

Frasier: Friends, yeah, yeah. Any time they wanted a sensitive shoulder to cry on, until some blond-headed pillar of testosterone would come by and then it was, "Bye Frasier, we can study later." I'd head home to Niles and we'd put on "The Brandenburg Concertos" and play air violin.
One of my favorite exchanges-
Noel- “I thought it was all about Frasier doing good work.”
Roz- “Oh, please- it’s all about ratings. If the station had its way, every call would end in an auto-erotic suicide.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks