What's new
World Wide Stereo

Group Wireless Headphones (1 Viewer)

KaylaSt

Auditioning
Real Name
Kayla Storjohann
I am trying to find a reasonably priced solution for a group of people to listen to the audio of a movie in a home outdoor theater. We’ve not yet decided on a projector- I just want to be sure it’s all possible to do before buying anything!
Would need a minimum of only 3 headsets- would be nice to have 6.
Basically, I have no idea how to do this or where to start! The only thing I could find is Sennheiser systems for thousands of dollars and I don’t know if that’s even the right solution.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah there really isn't a consumer market for this that I know of.... Commercial applications but people at home just use speakers.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The only group wireless systems I’m aware of are so-called “assisted listening systems” used in churches for the hearing impaired and similar applications.

It’s not going to be cheap, because these are pro-audio systems and pro audio requires drop-dead reliability. There is zero tolerance for the kind of blinkey performance you have with consumer wireless. Reliable wireless performance – the kind that works every time without fail and is immune to drop-outs, picket-fence noise and other artifacts – does not come cheap. As such you won’t find any budget pro-audio wireless systems, at least as “budget” is defined by non-professional consumers.

Your best (read cheapest) bet is probably to try your luck with group of the most inexpensive wireless headphone systems you can find. Be sure anything you try has a generous return policy.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Kayla,

Are you completely opposed to using speakers? It will sound a lot better at a similar price.

Here's the most cost effective system I could find:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks