What's new
World Wide Stereo

Hisense new 2024 PX3-PRO UST 3D projector (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We had a great time with Hisense's execs and engineers discussing the advancement of all of their new 2024 projectors that will all be 3D capable and use passive 3D glasses. We took them on a tour of our new suite of 16 Cinema demo rooms.

We will be the 1st US dealer to get the new 2024 PRO-3.
Hisense at VE.jpg

They just flew in from HQ and visited us first.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

VanDammage87

Auditioning
Real Name
Stan
The PX3-PRO and the C2 will not come with a screen. But we'll have bundle promotions that will include the new 3D capable projection screens.

The next generation of the L9H will also be 3D capable and come with the screen.
So just to confirm, passive 3D glasses won't work if you project on a wall or normal white screen or ALR/CLR screens?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
3D will work when you project onto a white wall, but the images will have reduced luminance and lower contrast. A unity gain white ALR screen fabric would be fine.

twinkletoes

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin
We had a great time with Hisense's execs and engineers discussing the advancement of all of their new 2024 portable long throw and UST projectors that will all be 3D capable and use passive 3D glasses. We took them on a tour of our new suite of 16 Cinema demo rooms.

We will be the 1st US dealer to get the new 2024 PRO-3.
View attachment 221134

They just flew in from HQ and visited us first.

twinkletoes

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin
I'm confused too ..is this passive 3D polarized or color band pass? If it's polarized wouldn't it need a special aka silver screen to maintain polarization? But in another post you mentioned a ALR screen would work...I'm confused unless it's band pass. Can you clarify?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
My initial understanding from our 4 hour visit with all of the top engineers and product management is that Hisense's new 2024 projectors will be passive 3D polarized, and they will have new UST screens that are designed for the best 2D and 3D performance.

I'll know more by early August and likely sooner.

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin
If it's polarized 3D then...correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think we can use the unity gain white screen because it won't maintain the polarization and have to much cross talk and ghosting.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Let's wait for Hisense product management to confirm the 3D technology and which projection screen(s) they will be suggesting for the new PX3-PRO.

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin
Sounds good...I'm really curious what technology they're using. I hope it's not the polarized because we'd need an extra special screen just to watch 3D as opposed to 2D. Unless they've come out with a new screen that can do both.

Areles

Auditioning
Real Name
Ronald
It seems that Hisense has updated their original announcement of PX3-Pro. The add now states "Active 3D".

"Further elevating the PX3-PRO as an ultimate home entertainment package, it also features Google TV integration, providing seamless access to favorite streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime with support for IMAX Enhanced, HDR10+, and active 3D. With high refresh rates for gaming and sports and an immersive cinematic experience for movie buffs, the PX3-PRO takes home viewing to the next level."

This is damn disappointing!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Thank you for posting this ^ and welcome to HTF! This is not what I was told on their visit to our store last Wednesday, May 1st.

All else sounds very good and glad to know Hisense is keeping the PX3-PRO 3D capable.

Areles

Auditioning
Real Name
Ronald
Thank you for posting this ^ and welcome to HTF! This is not what I was told on their visit to our store last Wednesday, May 1st.

All else sounds very good and glad to know Hisense is keeping the PX3-PRO 3D capable.
I'm hoping that this update is incorrect, and that the unit will support PASSIVE 3D, as that would open the market up to a more affordable 3D option (and in my view) a more comfortable 3D experience.
If you could research this and verify the actual tech being used, that would put this minor controversy to rest.

mmaiden81

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcelo N.
I believe they were legit mistaken, i.e 3DFA calls stereo 3D polarized 3D too. Price of this unit was too low too, my understanding is it's not that simple to achieve passive 3D at home without some major tweaking that would most definitely elevate the price of this unit. Active 3D on those DLP UST projectors reached perfection anyways, no crosstalk (ghosting) and they are really bright (NexiGo Aurora Pro, Awol 3000/3500...), the PX3-PRO will be right there on same level.

HT_Enthusiast

Auditioning
Real Name
Nelson Hernandez
I'm hoping that this update is incorrect, and that the unit will support PASSIVE 3D, as that would open the market up to a more affordable 3D option (and in my view) a more comfortable 3D experience.
If you could research this and verify the actual tech being used, that would put this minor controversy to rest.
Passive was more economical when these two formats first came out, but active glasses have come down in price tremendously. You can buy a four pack for way less than having to replace your existing screen. Not to mention that polarized 3D cuts resolution by half. We are way better off with active 3D. I was really surprised when I read these C2 projectors would use gray screens. The initial reviews of the global C1 said there was major hot spotting with alr and grey screens, and a white screen with no more than 1.1 gain was recommended. With these C2s having higher light output, I am curious to see how they will work with grey screens. I have a large amount of Bluray 3D media, and I hope it is 3D DLP Link compatible which is active 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks