What's new

Home Theater United Episode 39 - What's Cooking at Warner Archive Collection with Mr. George Feltenstein (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I thought it was interesting at the beginning when George told us the size of the library. It puts into perspective the chances of any one title being released and clearly as they are a business, it is the top titles that generate most revenue. Many will never reach blu ray and only a trickle will make it to 4k, perhaps only a couple each year. It looks like Robin Hood and North by Northwest will be released within the next year or two and perhaps GWTW. It wasn't mentioned specifically, but I am hopeful Around the World in 80 Days is in the (blu ray) pipeline (as an AA winner).
Thats why wish they would give more of the rare films to Criterion or even KINO to get more out which is a good thing

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Another positive was acquiring a 65mm scanner head to do more work in house. They wouldn't bother with this unless there were projects in the pipeline.
Ben Hur 4K? Saw Sam did question Captain Blood but cannot find it on audio? Loved Sam mentioned Perspecta sound hope Paramount is reading this thread White Christmas Perspecta Sound! (Sorry MOD for mentioning different studio but tied into Perspecta)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I'd sooner say that it's more likely because 2024 would be the 65th anniversary of North By Northwest (given how much the studios seem to rely on releasing films during their anniversary years).
What I was trying to say I would think focus on WB 2023 for that 100th and then MGM 2024 maybe thats the thinking at WB? I would hope next year Adv Of Robin Hood === I know he mentioned the title but no much else I do not know how long a project like that would take? 1 year? 2years I bet we see Ben Hur 2024 too! Maybe they would do both 1924 and 1959? But seems Mr F was very forthcoming Sam was the man hitting tons of our concerns!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
That most films that have it also have better sound sources. So it would be interesting as an extra but not necessary to enjoy the best quality
Sam the really ONLY film we need to see with Perspecta sound would be White Christmas it was never is stereo and the great Bob Furmanek said he had a print and the sound was effective and the tracks still exist. I never heard of the process until seeing the credit on screen for that film - Sorry off topic with Paramount film but that would be nice seems Mr F really was not impressed with the process saying a cheaper process than stereo

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam the really ONLY film we need to see with Perspecta sound would be White Christmas it was never is stereo and the great Bob Furmanek said he had a print and the sound was effective and the tracks still exist. I never heard of the process until seeing the credit on screen for that film - Sorry off topic with Paramount film but that would be nice seems Mr F really was not impressed with the process saying a cheaper process than stereo
I wish you had posted that pre interview. I have no history with the process and it was asked in general not about a specific title, sorry!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I don’t ask often but if any of you have time to add a review on Apple Podcasts or others please do. Last 3 written ones were 3 years ago :)

Never commercials
Few begs for sharing and rating

Doing this for fun but having a few good reviews helps find new listeners!

THANKS!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I wish you had posted that pre interview. I have no history with the process and it was asked in general not about a specific title, sorry!
yes sir u are right ---- I did not know WB might have a title with that sound but checked that thread there is a title Bobs company did it

As Pete said, listen to our restoration of THIS ISLAND EARTH. The proof is in the mix!

Bob Furmanek" Thanks Sam wont go off topic again

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I don’t ask often but if any of you have time to add a review on Apple Podcasts or others please do. Last 3 written ones were 3 years ago :)

Never commercials
Few begs for sharing and rating

Doing this for fun but having a few good reviews helps find new listeners!

THANKS!
something you might want to know Sam, I just tried to leave a review on your Podcast series on my Apple Podcast app, but It doesn't want to load? There may have been others in the same boat!!! It allows you to set it up and title it but when done, and you hit save it goes away, going back to review it is the same review that I added but not submitted???
So for you, if you can add it to the mix, is my short review...

Just caught Sam’s latest interview with the head of the Warner Archive Collection, in regulars to upcoming releases. I had been with Home Theater Forum for quite some time, yet never knew that Sam was producing these, very nice!!
He’s through, insightful and gets the info for all of us that collect movies, no matter the format, you can walk away with news you can use!! I’ve added his Podcast to my Listen to list, you should too!!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
something you might want to know Sam, I just tried to leave a review on your Podcast series on my Apple Podcast app, but It doesn't want to load? There may have been others in the same boat!!! It allows you to set it up and title it but when done, and you hit save it goes away, going back to review it is the same review that I added but not submitted???
So for you, if you can add it to the mix, is my short review...

Just caught Sam’s latest interview with the head of the Warner Archive Collection, in regulars to upcoming releases. I had been with Home Theater Forum for quite some time, yet never knew that Sam was producing these, very nice!!
He’s through, insightful and gets the info for all of us that collect movies, no matter the format, you can walk away with news you can use!! I’ve added his Podcast to my Listen to list, you should too!!
Hope Sam does another and tells Mr F thank you for all of us

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Great interview, Sam!

Here are 23 pages of primary source documents on Perspecta.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks