What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

iOS 13 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
After a little more reading about 13.2 bugs, I decided to risk the upgrade. Thankfully, it fixed my Keychain problem on both iPhone and iPad and home automation stuff is again usable! (whew!)

Haven't had enough time to tell if I'm afflicted by the overly aggressive background killing that's been reported.

Still waiting for another patch or two to upgrade to Catalina, and upgrade Reminders, and have everything updated.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Looking forward to updating this weekend. This background management bug is quite annoying.
  1. Reading news
  2. Lock iPhone (to get coffee, etc)
  3. Unlock five minutes later.
    1. Unlocks not to open app, halfway through to article
    2. Instead at home screen
  4. Find app
  5. Relaunch
  6. Find article
  7. Reopen
  8. Find place in article
  9. Resume reading

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
And updated. It's better now. Maybe it was a reboot. Though iOS 13 memory management still seems more aggressive overall, with apps having to relaunch and reload more often than before. Maybe it's just iOS 13 footprint affecting my 6th gen iPad. So, it's usable again.

I'd told my wife that iOS 13 is safe to install now and she's upgraded as of a couple days ago. She likes the new camera features, though is a bit overwhelmed at them all initially.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
F*cking Apple!

They removed the wifi sync button from iOS 13! :angry: This is a real step backwards; I'm back to manual syncing with cable to iMac since there's no user-activated iPhone wireless synch option anymore.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/d77r1l/has_itunes_wifi_sync_been_removed_from_ios_13/

For the first time ever, since buying an iPhone 4 in 2010, I would not recommend an iOS upgrade. The improvements are modest. The rollout bugs were severe. And quality of life is distinctly degraded throughout the system. Syncing, Mail, Memory Management / multitasking, text editing tools, all these little things made worse.

I really hope iOS 14 gets back on track. :(

Last edited:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm seriously concerned about Apple's software updates this year. I'm still on 12.4.1 and have no inclination to move to iOS 13.
This from someone that normally upgrades as soon as it is out of beta.

I'm holding off Catalina as well, but that is also because I have a couple of 32-bit apps I use regularly that I am waiting for updates.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm waiting on the x.2 update to Catalina before I update. I need to update to get Reminders fully operational again across all devices. But I'm not in a rush.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Upgraded iOS immediately. Email remains stuck in a tarpit. Takes 60 seconds to refresh, used to take 6 sec on iOS 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks