What's new
World Wide Stereo

LG and VE announce the HU810PW/AU810PB Dual Laser 4K Projector (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
LG's new HU810PW laser projector features 3 HDMI inputs, one is HDMI 2.1 and two HDMI 2.0b.

The HU810PW is equipped with a direct dual laser light source that eliminates the need for the less desirable RGB spinning wheel while delivering better color fidelity and color saturation. The long life and stable dual laser delivers peak luminance up to 2700 lumens for a true HDR cinema experience with full color volume and dynamic tonal range.

Also LG designed this new projector to be install friendly with it's WiSA wireless speaker capability, built in webOS 5.0 Smart streaming apps, Wi Fi and Ethernet ready, built-in ATSC OTA and QAM cable tuner, and it's integrated audio/speaker stereo system.

No guarantee, but I'm working with LG to bring this new projector into the USA with an all black body, model # AU810PB.

Here's our .pdf spec sheet with more info on this bleeding edge 4K HDR Laser projector.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
It's a little short on looks, as if one of the design goals was to achieve a perfect square footprint. :rolleyes: Also. I thought 3 lasers were required to completely eliminate the RGB color wheel. I'm not clear on how they are achieving this with only two. The zoom and lens shift are impressive for a DLP projector. It's really great to see more laser projectors coming to market. Prices should begin to drop soon I would think.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
ea1cfe18445e9410cf4775673c2b09cb_toru_el80_hlmw.png

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes, you are correct and seems like I am too in crediting you with good a/v skills and knowledge!

LG's HU85LA UST and the new HU810PW employs LG's dual laser technology. They split the blue laser light with a "wave guide filter" over one half of the blue light to create the green light so the dual laser delivers RGB.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
LG's first HU810PW is in-transit to me. I'll set-up the HU810PW in my professional store demo theater for evaluation.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is this competing with JVC and Sony 4K in the $6000+ range, or is this in the Epson 6050 <$3000 range?

My brain is broken by the laser projectors coming out in the “budget” realm rather than the “premium” range.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
LG's very first HU810PW 4K HDR with HDMI 2.1 just arrived! Unboxing and set-up in our store demo theater with our first impression is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

LG HU810PW w:Wendy.jpg

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I can't announce the price until January 10th, but less than Pigbait's post for the USA.
Unexpected but VERY intriguing teaser. I calculate this would last about 14 years, even if it were used 4 hours every single day!

It's a good thing I'm broke from speaker/amp upgrades or my practically new Epson 6050 might be at risk.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Unexpected but VERY intriguing teaser. I calculate this would last about 14 years, even if it were used 4 hours every single day!

It's a good thing I'm broke from speaker/amp upgrades or my practically new Epson 6050 might be at risk.

Guess we'll be saving up for that eventual laser upgrade (and go broke yet again) sooner than later if this is any indication, haha...

I'm just glad I went w/ the Epson 5050UB (at an excellent bargain price) instead of reaching for a JVC for now so I can do better audio upgrades that should hopefully last a long time, which I probably couldn't say w/ whatever 4K PJ I (could otherwise) choose...

Meanwhile, definitely enjoying the Epson PJ even before getting my dedicated room ready while looking forward to that potentially great leap forward (w/ laser PJ... or whatever else) some day... :cool:

_Man_

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Yes, you are correct and seems like I am too in crediting you with good a/v skills and knowledge!

LG's HU85LA UST and the new HU810PW employs LG's dual laser technology. They split the blue laser light with a "wave guide filter" over one half of the blue light to create the green light so the dual laser delivers RGB.
So the implication is that LG's triple laser is in the works (Hisense currently sells one capable of Dolby Vision in China for over $10,000) but likely too expensive. The future looks "bright"!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks