What's new
World Wide Stereo

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
LG is today debuting its latest CineBeam 4K laser projectors, the HU715Q ($2,999) and HU710P ($2,499), both available now from lg.com. The first of the two is a UST model with auto brightness and 100-inch image capability as close as 21.7 cm from a wall.  The upgraded LG HU710P, meanwhile, promises to deliver brighter images and deeper blacks than its predecessor model (with the same product identifier), and carries a ‘wheel-less’ hybrid laser.
LG claims both 4K projectors are easy to set up, making them ideal for indoor or outdoor use. The new pair of units support 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160), and are armed with laser light sources producing a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, achieving better peak brightness and shadow detail. Keystone correction includes 4-, 9- and 15-point warping with horizontal and vertical alignment for placement flexibility. The LG HU715Q generates 2,500 ANSI lumens with the laser light source while the LG HU710P delivers 2,000...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I may find myself in an apartment in the near future so a UST 4K projector may be the only way I will get into projection. How well to these UST projectors work with a acoustically transparent screen?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
@Martin Dew - Your announcement says both of these support frame-by-frame dynamic tone mapping yet I see no confirmation of that in the spec sheets provided by @Robert_Zohn . The sheets list HDR10 and HLG but no dynamic formats, even HDR10+. Hoping one of you might be able to clarify.

Thanks to both of you for all you do!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thanks guys! It seems a bit of a stretch to refer to a 4 position adjustable contrast setting as dynamic tone mapping but as they say, "it's legal." :cool:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
My LG Product Manager for all projectors got back to me regarding the HU710Q and HU715PW's HDR tone mapping.

Here's the simple answer from his his reply:
"Adaptive Contrast is our name for Frame based Light Source Level Control"

This chart has some information on LG's contrast and luminance controls, one of which is the Adaptive Contrast feature.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
$MIME_PART_WWW_SAEROM_CO_KR_1.png

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
My LG Product Manager for all projectors got back to me regarding the HU710Q and HU715PW's HDR tone mapping.

Here's the simple answer from his his reply:
"Adaptive Contrast is our name for Frame based Light Source Level Control"

This chart has some information on LG's contrast and luminance controls, one of which is the Adaptive Contrast feature.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 130405
@Robert_Zohn - Thanks so much for going above and beyond to request this information!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Thanks guys! It seems a bit of a stretch to refer to a 4 position adjustable contrast setting as dynamic tone mapping but as they say, "it's legal." :cool:
it may be legal, but for the enunciated buyer it's just confusing.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Oh I'd go further and say it's intentionally misleading., which is sad.
Thanks John, I love the idea of this UST format for smaller spaces. Remembering back to the days of the Merance and RCA projector tvs of the 70s, and how advanced these systems have become.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks